What are you reading? [March 2017]

Nellisir

Hero
I just pulled out Mind of the Raven, by Bernd Heinrich (about, duh, ravens) to read,
2/3rds of the way through it. It's not...fascinating, but pretty easy to just keep chugging along.

and am partway into The Adventures of the Peerless Peer, a Sherlock Holmes-meets-Tarzan book "edited" by Philip Jose Farmer.
Finished. About what you'd expect, given that the mcguffin is a bacteria "weaponized" to eat sauerkraut.

I got and reread Cibola Burn - was prepared to be all caught up on The Expanse (book) series, but Babylon's Ashes is out in a hardback form, damn it. The Expanse (tv series) is seriously amazing, BTW. Check it out.

I have a few books that I've borrowed or been loaned, I'm going to try and get some of those done soon.

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
I'm currently reading The Truth About the Harry Quebert Affair. Midway through, and the plot feels quite convoluted and the dialogue jumpy. I find myself having to go back to reread earlier passages, and cringing at some of the exchanges between characters. It might be better in the original french, I really don't know.

Maybe the Vampire Armand? It was definitely while Lestat was sleeping. Vittorio the Vampire was pretty good, though. I think that was the last in the series that I honestly enjoyed.

Tangentially-related, I keep meaning to re-read Cry to Heaven. I remember loving that one back in the 90s.

When was that? I left that series way too early it seems.

Finished King of Thorns, by Mark Lawrence. I think I waited too long in-between reading the first and the second in the series, but once I got into the book, all was fine and dandy.

Now I’m reading Leckie’s Ancillary Sword, the second Imperial Radch book.

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
Now I’m reading Leckie’s Ancillary Sword, the second Imperial Radch book.

Its most exciting part is a tea set. I didn't want to finish reading the series after that one and a I decided I would only read the first books of trilogies/series from now on. Unless it was really really good.

Heh, it is a rather nice tea set! I had heard that the second book wasn’t as good as the first, which is why I went to the library for it rather than buy it. Also grabbed a new-ish translation of The Odyssey, which I haven’t read in many years.

Its most exciting part is a tea set. I didn't want to finish reading the series after that one and a I decided I would only read the first books of trilogies/series from now on. Unless it was really really good.

Garamal

First Post
All the time) At home I have a book to read before going to sleep or on weekends and during the day while commuting I can read another one that doesn't need a lot of concentration

Remove ads