What are you reading - Sep 2017

Woken up out of a sound sleep, wandering a cold, drafty castle full of twisting passages and moving staircases... Possibly without any time to pull on foot-warmers...

...I begin to see how Dumbledore's greatest desire, right then and there, was for warm woolly socks.

And perhaps, as a man intended to be comfortable with where he was in life, albeit not what happened to get him there...

Kaodi

Hero
How is it so far? I've been meaning to read it, but it is very expensive.

I have just gotten through the Introduction. That part is very readable. I am a bit worried it is going to get drier and sloggier from this point out, but Piketty says he has tried to make it as accessible to non-economics types as possible. He actually describes the book as sort of between economics and history.

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
I have just gotten through the Introduction. That part is very readable. I am a bit worried it is going to get drier and sloggier from this point out, but Piketty says he has tried to make it as accessible to non-economics types as possible. He actually describes the book as sort of between economics and history.

I know the English version is around 200 pages shorter than the French one. It might be the case. I'm reading Debt: the first 5,000 years. It certainly is readable and focuses a lot on history.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
Been reading some Charles Stross' Laundry. I had reread the first three a few months back, so I just reread The Apocalypse Codex which I enjoyed again and I'm out of re-read and into first time read of The Rhesus Chart. I also have the next book sitting on deck.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
Apropos of nothing, I just got the urge to read superhero fiction written as a collaboration of Austin Grossman (Soon I Will Be Invincible) and Marion Harmon (Wearing the Cape series). Anyone know how I can make that happen? :)

Janx

Hero
Book 2 of the Bobiverse series. Don't recall the title, but book 1 was We are Legion (We are Bob)

Fun sci-fi series so far.

SpellJammer16

Apprentice of the Seventh Circle of Mystery
Currently reliving the 80's
Kendergullydwarvesgnomes.jpg

Richards

Legend
I'm reading a collection of Stephen King's short stories from 2015, The Bazaar of Bad Dreams. They've been pretty good so far.

Johnathan

Remove ads