• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What are your Attractiveness Stat alteratives?

SolosAddie

Explorer
I've had DMs that house-ruled interactions. Sure you could just roll gather info, or diplomancy and what not.

If you took the time to role-play and did it well, you either got bonuses to the roll, extra xp at end etc. This applied to other stuff, if you were attempting a cool/heroic combat action bonus to roll. (bonuses are usually +1, rarely +2)

It allowed my tumbling rogue to use the dwarf warrior as a pommel horse to flip over an enemy and get flanking position :)

Dastari

First Post
As others have pointed out, many of the stats combine several unrelated areas. This is because for game mechanics we don't care why you can influence people. It might be your looks. It might be that you're a smooth talker. Either way, though, it allows you to influence people so from a game mechanics perspective it doesn't matter what aspect of charisma allows you to do things. However, if someone has a high or low CHA stat I have them tell me what is so wonderful or bad about them and leave it up to the player's discretion so that in game terms things can be described accurately.

I briefly toyed with adding an attractiveness stat but then I realized that you would cripple CHA because it would now only apply to spell casters or would have to come up with some complicated mechanic as to how much attractiveness and how much charisma you must have to aid in bluff, diplomacy, etc skills.

My advice is just to stick with the stats as they are.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
just change the name from Charisma to Presence and problem solved

a person with better 'Presence' has more imp[act on the people around them regardless of what they look like. They may hold themselves well, they may be beautiful, they may be charismatic whatever the case, its the presence that they have that affects others.

As to other stat changes

Seperate Dexterity and Agility
Seperate Constitution and Stamina
Seperate Perception and Willpower (Wisdom)

or better still don't:)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads