D&D 5E What Are Your Favorite Short Adventures and Collections for 5e?

BigZebra

Adventurer
I have played the hell out of Yawning Portal. A pure gem in my - and my player's eyes!
Also if I needed something quick on hand Kobold Press' Lairs books are amazing.

Sulicius

Adventurer
I have ran the low level adventure The House of Lament from Van Richten’s Guide to Ravenloft a couple of times to great success. I don’t think you can buy it separately, but the book is great for running any kind of horror TTRPG.

DrJawaPhD

Explorer
My favorite short adventures are the Journeys through the Radiant Citadel anthology. My other favorite go to is Arcane Library adventures. I've also liked a couple of Keys from the Golden Vault and Candlekeep Mysteries, although I've only read a couple adventures from each.

My honorable mention goes to The Great Modron March anthology of adventures, which is from 2e but can be converted to 5e relatively easily.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
I've run several adventures from Tales from the Yawning Portal, the only WotC-published adventure material I've run other than Curse of Strahd. I've bought all of the Quests of Doom books, which were mentioned above. I've puled some of those out to put into my home brew campaign and as side adventures in my Rappan Athuk campaign.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Sly Flourish's Fantastic Adventures.

It's funny, I've run a lot of short adventures this edition (especially as part of the DDAL), but not many are really sticking in my mind.

Cheers,
Merric

Remove ads