• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What are your gaming stuff mishaps?

Dioltach

Legend
Fast forward to 2004...our apartment was broken into and all of my Dragon magazines, (from the move in '99 to the then current issue) (along with my comic book collection and a few collectible toys) were stolen. :(

Not to disparage your collection, or the affection that most gamers have for Dragon, but seriously, who would do such a thing? Magazines are difficult to run away with, and are worth very little.

Ramen

First Post
I had a copy of Gods, Demi-gods, and Heroes that got lost somewhere during a move. Still have my other brown books but I always notice it's missing when i pull them out.

lots of modules and magazines tossed out when they became sodden with spilled soda. Gave away quite a few older modules to gaming friends when I got newer or compilation editions (i.e., gave away all my GDQ modules when I got the big GDQ supermodule). Lost my 1E DMG at Gencon when I got into a pickup game and then left to go to the TSR party, left the book behind in the room we were in, never got it back. No idea what ever happened to my 1E PH, but I certainly don't have it now. Just flat out tossed out a lot of modules/magazines that I didn't really care for/use during my various moves...

Yora

Legend
I once spilled a cup of milk over my 3rd Edition FRCS. I then dried all the pages, but started from the side where the least milk was on. By the time I reached the last page that had gotten the most of it, the paper was so soaked it ripped of the printing. At least it was between two chapters, so no important text got destroyed.

It's not so sad that I spilled the milk, but that I started to dry at the wrong side. Had I started at the other end, there probably wouldn't have been any damage at all.
Cardboard box + flooded basement = Lots of AD&D 1E & BECMI stuff lost.

A case for http://nooooooooooooooo.com

The Red King

First Post
Among other things, my parents threw out all my D and D stuff. From the original red boxed set through some 3.5 stuff. I had boxes of modules and campaign stuff. Thats where all my comics went as well. About 60 long boxes of comics. :(

Those were going to go to my kids.

Squire James

First Post
And here I was thinking it was a good time to bring up the time I brought an old metal tape measure to a gridless D&D game, and what happened when I dropped it on the table. A baseball-sized ball of razor death hit the battlefield... and generated all sorts of ideas for spell research!

Elf Witch

First Post
I owned the original booklets and the first printing of the first edition books. My sob of an ex stole them when he moved out as well as all my boxed sets. I have managed over the years to replace everything but the booklets.

I don't loan out my gaming books, fiction books or DVDs ever. I learned a long time ago people steal forget to return and don't take care of what they borrow.

Gold Roger

First Post
I had to sell almost my entire RPG collection that has been assembled over almost 10 years within the last 1 year. I can live with it, actually, I wouldn't mind getting rid of some other stuff (D&D minis and Ptolus), but it's hard to sell for an approppiate price without using e-bay. Still, the loss of some books really stings.

Also, my killer dice, a big complete set of bone-ish collored dice, that was the bane of PC's for my entire DMing career have dwindled to an unaceptable degree. Seriously, players begged me to use others and tried to forcefully seperate me from these dice. In fact, I'm pretty sure, that's how a lot of them got lost.

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
My best mishap resulted in my AD&D PHB getting a black tire track from a car diagonally across the inside front cover and following page. My school bag fell off the back of my dad's truck.

The good news was that although none of my school books had my name and phone number in them, my PHB did! Thanks to that I got everything back.

Remove ads