What are your (up to) five favorite tunes?

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
#1. The Dam At Otter Creek - Live, 1994

#2. Hallo Spaceboy - Davis Bowie, 1995

#3. Vampire Smile, Kyla La Grange, 2012

#4. Possum Kingdom - Toadies, 1994

#5. Summertime - Louis Armstong and Ella Fitzgerald, 1958

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
The problem is, many of my favorite bands aren’t on the list, and I could just make another list with no repeats and it would be just as true as the first.

I mean it’s criminal that The Mountain Goats, Decemberists, Spoon, The Thermals, AFI, Coheed and Cambria, Nina Simone, Sigur Rós, Shawn James, Wardruna, Aurora, and probably some I’m forgetting due to ADHD and a long week, aren’t on the list.

So here is a list of some of my favorite songs you can’t listen to on Spotify.

Wardruna and Aurora performing Helvegen live. Incredible. The song is formed of an excerpt from Havamal, which is a medieval Scandinavian work presenting the wisdom of Odin.

Cattle die
kinsmen die
all men are mortal.
Words of praise
will never perish
nor a noble name.

King by The Romonovs not sure why this isn’t on Spotify anymore, it used to be. Just kinda dark and beautiful.

Garth Brooks, Standing Outside The Fire. I don’t listen to a lot of country music, but this guy. This guy gets it. This one is probably my favorite,

Shawn James, American Hearts. The song is on Spotify, but this version is something special. They were at a wolf preserve, and were in a place that visitors normally don’t go, where the less well behaved wolves roam, with very little way of being safe, and the guy who took them there was like “hey why don’t ya play a song for the wolves, bud?” anyway the wolves howling adds something, and music is just different when outside in the snow.

Gnosistika

Mildly Ascorbic
I'll go by whats on my repeat playlist -

1. Hell broke Luce - Tom Waits (2011). I could easily make a list consisting just of Tom Waits, but I shant.
2. Deeply Ordered Chaos - The Cult (2016).
3. Eyes Get Used to the Dark - New Model Army (2016).
4. The World Keeps Turning - Napalm Death (1992).
5. Osiyza (The Crossing) - Johnny Clegg & Savuka.

Remove ads