• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What books did you use last session?

Galethorn

First Post
While finishing up the opening adventure for my new campaign, I used...

The PHB (very briefly)
My HTML version of the SRD
UA

I only used UA because a new person joined the group, and had to make a character, which prompted checking the Defense Bonus chart. The only material I really used were my 'notes' (more like a rough draft of a pre-made adventure) for the adventure itself (room descriptions, treasure, things NPCs said, etc.). Since the group is level 1, I don't think we'll be needing the DMG for a while (you know, since I've read through the chapters about DMing a few times now, and I won't be 'handing' out any unusual magical loot for a a few sessions yet).

the Jester

Legend
Tonight's halfling game:

3.5 Core Rules
Monster Manual II (used a grell)
Expanded Psi HB (one pc is a psion)
1st edition Fiend Folio (for the full page grell picture)

I also pulled out my old 2ed Spellbinder of house spells for a spell I hadn't previously converted to 3e.

jeffers

First Post
I used...

PHB
UA (Love those Battle Sorcerors!)
DMG
Complete Warrior
MM1

Oops! Living Greyhawk Gazeteer! Sorry bout that!

Last edited:

Selganor

Adventurer
Last session was the showdown of If Thougths Could kill, so I used:

- 3.5 PHB
- 3.5 DMG
- 3.5 MM
- If Thought Could Kill (doh!)
- PsiHB (haven't read the XPH enough to use 3.5 Psi as it came when I already started ITCK)
- XPH (for one psionic monster)
- DotF (for a Hunter of the Dead PC)
- Mindscapes (for a Master of the Pattern PC and Psicombat)

Other Things used in my campaign are various spells and feats from other sources (but the players just keep copies of the descriptions with their character sheets)

RichGreen

Adventurer
last night's epic game

Hi,

Used a lot less books than usual, meaning I carried far more books to the game than I needed, nearly doing my back in in the process :\

3.5 core rules
Epic level handbook -- used a hunefer
Mongoose Pocket Player's Handbook
Book of Exalted Deeds -- one PC levelled up and took a feat and a PrC

Cheers

Richard

Core books, AU, Creature Collection Revised, Monster Manual II, Complete Book of Eldritch Might, and I ripped a couple of classed goblin stat blocks out of Vault of Larin Karr rather than make them up myself.

kleinetommy

First Post
Core books 3.0 (PHB DMG MM)
Monstrous Manual 2
Arms & Equipment Guide
3.5 SRD
Psionic Handbook 3.0
Van Richtens Arsenal would have been handy, but I didn't bring it.

PieAndDragon

Duncan T
On Sunday's game I used, for preparation and in play

- 3.5 Player's Handbook
- 3.5 Monstrous Manual
- 3.5 DMG
- Fiend Folio
- Monstrous Manual II
- Draconomicon
- Arcana Unearthed

And my own compiled pages of races, feats, spells, deities etc for my world, pulled from various sources.

Remove ads