• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E What Campaign Setting Do You Plan On Using?

JeffB

Legend
I wanted to do something different for the new edition:.my home brew Nentir Vale/Known World mashup, FTA era Greyhawk, or The Wilderlands.

But the group insisted on continuing with my homebrew OGB Forgotten Realms. Make my life easier, and I have been wanting to run some kind of homage to Ruins of Adventure/Pool of Radiance for a year or so anyway.

But it depends on how Lost Mine goes whether Phlan is the plan ;)

Li Shenron

Legend
Which is why my choice would be Eberron. The setting itself was never metaplotted forward during the 3E/4E change, and I'm hoping 5E does the same thing. All the setting really needs is the relevant character stats and classes, along with any specific magic items and what not updated to the new rules.

Yes, this is what I mean. Unfortunately while Eberron is being handled the best way I can imagine, what the setting is about is far from my tastes.

Chriscdoa

Explorer
Not sure, roughly in this order

1. golarion
2. homebrew
3. Ravenloft
4. Al-quadim
5. dark sun
6. eberron
7. Realms- and only because the initial adventures are set there and it many be easier to use them until MM and DMG comes out

Last edited:

sgtscott658

First Post
Awesome idea, I think I'll steal it from ya.

Scott

I am planning on taking the group on a massive Multiverse adventure. Rod of the Seven Parts will be it focus... One part in each world....

Forgotten Realms to start... Dragonlance (Taladas)... Ravenloft... Greyhawk... Darksun... Eberron... Planescape to finish... or Tyranny of Dragons in the Realms if its works for me...

I just want to show my players the size and scope of the Dungeons and Dragons Multiverse....

also I should be adding some Spelljammers into the mix...

Rhone1

First Post
I plan on running a short campaign with Eberron (love that setting) that will take the characters from 1st to about 10th level. After that is complete I'll most likely move to Greyhawk.

Remove ads