• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What Campaign Settings will you purchase?

What Campign Settings will you purchase? (vote for all you would purchase)

• None, Homebrew all the way!

Votes: 31 18.9%
  • Forgotten Realms

Votes: 67 40.9%
  • Eberron

Votes: 85 51.8%
  • Dark Sun

Votes: 69 42.1%
  • Planescape

Votes: 71 43.3%
  • Ravenloft

Votes: 48 29.3%
  • DragonLance

Votes: 26 15.9%
  • Greyhawk

Votes: 47 28.7%
  • Other, please explain below

Votes: 37 22.6%

Ginnel

Explorer
Planescape all the way, I collected the old box sets and books from ye olde auction site and they're happily staring at me now daring me to continue running in 4th edition.

They could change quite a lot of it for all I care, but you have to get the feeling right of political intrigue and common extroidinary day to day sights, as well as the attitude.
I would be quite happy for the elemental planes to be all in one as the 4th edition cannon, with certain sections being dominated by a particular element, city of brass etc. portalling around the astral sea could work very similar to going across the planes themselves, although I'd probably have mechanacus and archeron as a seperate plane/s.

Laslo Tremaine

Explorer
I voted for Eberron, Planescape and Other.

The other would be Spelljammer, but not the original version (which I always thought was meh). The version I would want would be similar to what was done for 3.0 in Dungeon/Polyhedron. That version was awesome and totally sparked my imagination!

w_earle_wheeler

First Post
I voted Greyhawk, Other and None (Homebrew all the way).

Greyhawk: I'd love to see a setting book for it again. However, the book would have to have the utility of the 3e Living Greyhawk Gazetteer and the 1e Folio for me to buy it.

Other: Mystara, possibly.

None: I'd purchase a well done generic campaign world toolkit, something like a combination of the Maps of Mystery in Dungeon magazine and the Dungeon Builder's/World Builder's books from second edition.

I'd like to say I'd buy Ravenloft, but it would have to be exceptionally better than the Domains of Dread book, which I adore.

Players guide for Eberron depending on how much they changed the setting. I would buy a SpellJammer setting as long as it still felt like SpellJammer and not just star wars with elves or the shadows of the spidermoon thing they put out a few years back.

ONINOTAKI18

First Post
If they release a 4th edition Darksun I will buy every 4th edition non-campaign specific product and all the darksun specific products, if they do not release a 4th edition darksun I will not buy a single 4th edition product. Its that simple for me lol

Remove ads