• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What can you make of Psychic Warrior?

bigbaddragon

First Post
Hello everyone,

I'm about to start playing as a PW and the only one I've been able to make myself is a tripmonkey Elan with some very nice defensive capabilities (Enhanced Elan Resilience & Resistance).

I'm curious what other decent builds are possible with PW when you've got a narrow book selection (Core, EPH, CP and Dark Sun Campaign setting). For example, could PW be a decent archer?

Starting level is level 4 with standard WBL.

Any help is appreciated :)

Dandu

First Post
Psywar is a good class for melee. Decent power.

I can recommend Vigor and Expansion, as well as Psionic Lion's Charge.

Last edited:

bigbaddragon

First Post
So, decided to go with the battlefield control option.

Stats as following: Str 17, Dex 14, Con 16, Int 13, Wis 16, Cha 12

Questions:
1) Elan for some extra survivability (quick boost to saves via (Enhanced) Elan Resistance) and the aberration type or human for the extra feat and skill points? Or perhaps even Synad?

2) Which feats would you pick besides the obvious Combat Expertize, Improved Trip, Combat Reflexes, PA and Stand Still?

3) Which flaws? Assume up to two of those are available.

4) Any good PrCs out there for PW?

5) And finally, do you consider spiked chain is strong enough to spend a feat for it? Or would it be better to stick with guisarme?

Dandu

First Post
1. Pick whichever you prefer.
2. Knock Down
3. Whichever two impact an aspect of your character that you just don't care about.
4. Five levels of Warmind for Sweeping Strike is nice. You give up knowing 6th level powers, though.
5. Spiked Chains are good.

Remove ads