• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What character from a novel would you most want to play?

Rangler

First Post
Jimmy the Hand from the Riftwar saga, I love the Riftwar saga. There are endless possibilities :cool:
also i wouldn't mind playing Richard Cypher from the Sword of Truth series....now there's sum serious role playing involved

Last edited:

Rydac

Explorer
For a male character it would be interesting to play Jaqen H'ghar from George R.R. Martin's Songs of Fire and Ice series. A definite man of mystery, deadly and honorable.

For a female character if would be Moiraine from the Wheel of Time. Manipulators driving their own agenda are fun to play

Richards

Legend
Severian of the Order of the Seekers of Truth and Penitence (from Gene Wolfe's Book of the New Sun)

Shadowjack (from the book of the same name by Roger Zelazny)

Just about any Jack Vance fantasy/science fantasy character (Cugel, Rhialto, Emphyrio, the Galactic Effectuator, etc.)

Peter Parker (Spider-Man)

Johnathan

francisca

I got dice older than you.
In no particular order:

-Roy from "Do Androids Dream Electronic Sheep"

-Merlin from the Mary Stewart Novels (Crystal Cave, Hollow Hills..)

-Faramir

-If I played a female character, Eowyn would be cool because she is a great character (Whacking the Witch-King of Angmar is pretty cool too)

-Samurai Jack (Ok not a novel, but could be a good Epic character)

-Fafhrd or the Gray Mouser

Last edited:

Zander

Explorer
Simkin from the Darksword series by Weis and Hickman. Why? He's crazy, he's magic incarnate and Simkin is my name in RL. :p

Last edited:

Apok

First Post
Vlad Taltos, 'cuz he's the man and that's exactly the way I would act if I was in his situation.

Other than Vlad, probably Gandalf. The powers of a Maiar and being able to live forever in the Undying Lands are two great perks.

Eridanis

Bard 7/Mod (ret) 10/Mgr 3
Odysseus would be tempting for his intelligence and perseverence (sp?). Vlad Taltos would be fun for his cool toys, cool friends, and cool attitude. But I'd have to choose Zaphod Beeblebrox. That's one hoopy frood with a whole lot of money - and I've always wanted to drive the Heart of Gold. :)

"f course, I'm THE Zaphod Beeblebrox. Do I come in six-packs?"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads