• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What character from a novel would you most want to play?

Taloras

First Post
Im surprised i havent seen this name already on the list. Matrim Cauthon from WOT. :D Or maybe Rand Al'Thor (he gets -3- women that are willing to share him......and is the most powerful channeler in the world, and the most powerful ta'veren in the world, what more could you ask for?)

But seriously, Mat Cauthon. He has the memories of dozens of generals, a power-wrought weapon, and a ter'angreal that protects him from the power.

Ace

Adventurer
CrusaderX said:
"He was a man born out of his time--a strange blending of Puritan and Cavalier ... a knight-errant in the somber clothes of a fanatic. A hunger in his soul drove him on and on, and urge to right all wrongs, protect all weaker things, avenge all crimes against right and justice. Wayward and restless as the wind, he was consistent in only one respect--he was true to his ideals of justice and right. Such was Solomon Kane."

-- Robert E. Howard

Sign me up. Solomon Kane is one of the coolest characters ever.

SK rocks

I would want to play Dracula (Good Evening) Sparhawk (from David Eddings Ellenium) Stilgar (the Freman seitch leader from Dune, I just want to do the move voice-Shai- Haluudd)or if I am in a twisted mode Tarl Cabot (from Gor)

Moleculo

First Post
BButler said:
How about Lone Wolf from the Lone Wolf and Cub series? Clever and ruthless, but with honor and compassion. Great character.

Actually, i change my mind, i wanna be Diagoro (the Cub from said series). he was the man!!!

also silk is the guy!!

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
Sign me up to play Druss on the walls of Dros Delnoch, holding back the hordes of Nadir through sheer bravado, skill and never-say-die. :D

Plus, he's the greatest axeman that ever lived. Even at 60 years old he makes everyone else look rubbish.

Anyone ever come up with some decent stats for Druss the Legend?

Cthulhudrew

First Post
My top three have already been named, but I'll go ahead and name them anyway:

1) Corwin- protagonist of the first Amber chronicles by Zelazny. Just such a cool character, and with such a dysfunctional family. His poetic temperament and epic storytelling ability truly made the first five books memorable (and, unlike many, I actually like the second five books as well- I even like Corwin's kid, Merlin.)

2) Elric- Not much else to say about him. The character is just rife with roleplaying possibilities.

3) Gerald Tarrant- The "shades of grey" villain from C.S. Friedman's Coldfire trilogy. He is simply one of the most colorful, well rounded characters I've ever read about.

I'll go ahead and tack on one or two others:

John Daker (aka, the Eternal Warrior): Even moreso than Elric, Corum, Hawkwind, or any of the other characters from Moorcock's varied series, I've always felt the most connection with Daker. A man cursed to live an endless series of existences, never quite finding true happiness, and always fighting against the forces of Chaos and evil, while still struggling to retain his humanity.

Case (from Gibson's Neuromancer): This data cowboy is a really intriguing character to play in some sort of futuristic (D20 Modern/Future?) campaign.

Skeeve: Robert Asprin's Myth series is almost a D&D campaign (albeit a tongue-in-cheek one) in and of itself. It follows the first level magician Skeeve through his training under the demon (specifically, Pervect or Pervert, depending on who you talk to) Aahz. By the series' most recent novel, I'd say Skeeve is about mid level or so (10-12th level maybe), with a bunch of followers and a successful interdimensional operation. Most of the characters would be fun to play, actually (I'd probably take Aahz or Guido over Skeeve, in retrospect).

And then there's one that I actually have roleplayed in a campaign (albeit all too brief a campaign):

Julian: Corwin's younger brother, and the protector of Arden. One of the most interesting characters in the Amber novels (IMHO). The definitive Amber sequence is in Sign of the Unicorn, where the members of the family are all politicking and plotting in the library, and Julian lays it all on the line, letting everyone know how he truly feels about them. Classic moment.

TeflonBilly

First Post
i wanna add another to my list even though he's from an anime. i would have to say Gatts or Griffith form the Berserk anime series.
as well as the ones i previously listed

Starman

Adventurer
James T. Kirk, hands down.

Coolest character ever.:D

Others I wouldn't mind include:
Rand al'Thor
al'Lan Mandragoran
Jack Ryan
Raistlin Majere
Tanis Half-Elven
Ender Wiggins