• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What Class are you? Fun tool from WOTC promoting PHB II

Starfox

Hero
I didn't like it at all. Some questions were blatently obvious. The "what power do you like" questions seem to promote the idea that classes are just a bag of powers and require actually knowing what those powers are.

Agreed, making a quiz like this, then expressing the question in in-world terms kid of defeats the whole purpose.

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
Rogue!

Anyone get Avenger? I didn't go back and try to fudge it...

I did, but I was trying to get Invoker. And then I got Invoker with minimal tweaking. Posting that banner for completeness I suppose.

Invoker.jpg

D&D Home Page - What Class Are You? - Build A Character - D&D Compendium

Last edited:

Jhaelen

First Post
Agreed, making a quiz like this, then expressing the question in in-world terms kid of defeats the whole purpose.
Yup. It's way too easy to control the outcome because the answers were so transparent.

Basically I alternated between choosing Martial/Primal and Defender/Striker options and finally got a Barbarian, huh.

Krensky

First Post
Rouge, although I'm annoyed there weren't any answers that related to helping the innocent or protecting the weak that weren't religious in nature. The metagaming "what powers do you prefer" questions grated on me too.

Wombat

First Post
...aaaaaand ... once again, the questions are about what to do in combat.

Sad, really.

At least I end up as a Bard.

Tuft

First Post
Tried it, but after wanting to reply "none of the above" after the first four, I gave up in it...

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads