• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What class are you least likely to play in 4e?

Which class are you least likely to play in 4e?

jdsivyer

First Post
We all have our favourite classes we like to play, and some classes get favoured more than others.

In D&D 4e which character classes are you least likely to want to play?

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
Warlords.

I understand they are a leader and are supposed to help people out, which they do quite well mathematically, but they do so in such an unexciting way when compared to the Cleric. That little 1d6+stat damage on the at-wills really goes a long way in making you feel like you are doing something useful instead of just waiting on other people to do things for you. I suppose it boils down to "I distract the goblin so that my ally can get in an easy cheep shot" against "I smite the kobold and bless my friend with divine aim", and I happen to like smiting allot more than distracting.

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Shame it wasn't a multiple choice poll!

If I have one choice it would be cleric, as I find them particularly uninspiring now. Perhaps it is the lack of differentiation between clerics of different deities, the greatly reduced range of spells, the lack of rituals?

If I have two choices I'd add Paladin, because a lot of the classic paladin flavour seems to have been lost behind smite! smite! smite!

Cheers

FireLance

Legend
I wouldn't mind playing any class, really, but if I had to pick the one I would be least enthusiastic about playing, it would be the warlock, and only because of the core evil-curious flavor. If the DM was willing to let me use the mechanics of the class and just change the flavor to that of a wrathful phoenix disciple or something similar, I'd be perfectly happy to play one. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads