• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Level Up (A5E) What class are YOU most excited to play?

King Brad

Explorer
Title says it all. What class is everyone the most excited to try out and why?

For me, I gotta say Sorcerer as of right now, though a straight fighter with all them juicy maneuvers is a close second. There's just something about the idea of sorcerers in dnd that has always excited me and in O5e just wasn't there. I'm ready to FEEEL THE POWAAA.

Timespike

A5E Designer and third-party publisher
Herald. I've always liked paladins and the mix of spells and maneuvers is pretty cool. Planning on mixing it with bard and using the bard/herald synergy feats.

Timespike

I think I'll give the spell-less ranger a closer look. Straight Fighter and Berserker are also interesting.
Yeah, I've never been super excited about non-casting builds, but the combat classes are really solid in A5E. The maneuvers, varied defensive options, and exploration features do a lot to round them out and make them compelling. I've found a lot of the pure combat classes very tempting in this and will probably be trying at least a couple at some point.

tetrasodium

Legend
Supporter
Epic
Does "Narrator" count as a class? I don't know how long it will be before I get to play since I almost always gm but pending discussion with a hypothetical narrator maybe wizard once I see more

Mike Myler

Have you been to LevelUp5E.com yet?
I am extremely tempted by the adept and ranger (there's a Vigilante feat thing that speaks super strongly to me) but this might be the first time I think a maul wielding fighter is really going to be as good as I want them to be. So probably fighter for me, adept/ranger second time around.

Faolyn

(she/her)
I'm very eager to convert my rogue (swashbucker)/fighter into a straight fighter with the duelist archetype and see how that holds up. I'd miss sneak attack damage, but there'll be so many interesting maneuvers that will likely make up for the loss of damage.

Beyond that, I made so many weird playtest characters that I'm eager to see them be redone in the full classes now. I'm looking forward to all the classes.

Timespike

I am extremely tempted by the adept and ranger (there's a Vigilante feat thing that speaks super strongly to me) but this might be the first time I think a maul wielding fighter is really going to be as good as I want them to be. So probably fighter for me, adept/ranger second time around.
That vigilante feat chain is indeed awesome.

Remove ads