• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What class(es) does your group tend to avoid?

What class(es) does your group tend to avoid?

• Barbarian

Votes: 7 6.2%
  • Bard

Votes: 18 15.9%
  • Cleric

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • Druid

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Fighter

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Monk

• Paladin

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • Ranger

• Rogue

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Sorcerer

• Wizard

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • Fighter-type Classes

• Stealthy-type Classes

• Arcane-magic Classes

• Divine-magic Classes

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Psionic Classes

Votes: 26 23.0%
  • WoTC Complete-Book Classes

• Asian-themed Classes

• 3rd Party Supplement Classes

• None (All are used equally)

Zuoken

First Post
(Take Two)

Given all the recent race and class polls, I figured that it wouldn't hurt to post one more dealing with D&D gaming groups.

As a whole, what classes does your group tend to avoid?

For mine, it's always been the arcane spellcasters. 4 campaigns and I hace not yet had a single wizard or sorcerer (unless you count the cleric's female wizard "cohort" in my first campaign, if you get what I mean ). Plenty of druids, rangers, fighters, monks, clerics, and even a barbarian, a samurai and a ninja-junkie rogue, but no love for our other magic using friends.

I think this will be an interesting demographic.

Stormborn

Explorer
We ahve never used Psionics in a campaign, and if we did i would likely use the Psychic Handbook rather than WotC Psionics.

No one has ever played a Barbarian in any game I have ever been involved with.

Kanegrundar

Explorer
We tend to use all character classes from the CR, Complete series, Warcraft, AE, and IK. Now, there are some that are rarely chosen, like the bard, but each class has seen some form of play either by a player or by me running an NPC.

Kane

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Wizards. however this poll ought to be multichoice

Psychic Warrior is a cool class imho and one played often (and Psionic Feats rock)
Paladins aren't seen much (not without tweaking anyway). The others are all seen and enjoyed although I tend not to go for splat books

Alhazred

First Post
The big one for my regular gaming group is the cleric. Although inevitably someone will decide to play one, it's done so rather reluctantly. (I keep telling my players to play what they want - if no one elects to play a cleric, I'll work in someway for them to receive healing at minimal cost. But do they listen to me? Ha!)

Paladins are none to popular either, although that's primarily because a now disowned player insisted on playing a Lawful Stupid paladin which proceeded to ruin the class for everybody.

We don't see many monks, barbarians or fighters, although that's primarily because of lack of interest rather than active avoidance.

snarfoogle

First Post
Well, my current campaign has

Fighter
Fighter/Wizard
Rogue
Cleric

We've got the bases covered pretty well. However, no bards. Ever. No barbarians currently, but that's not for lack of trying -- I outright banned the player who always plays a human barbarian from playing a barbarian this time -- so he just picked a straight Fighter with Great Cleave, Power Attack and all the other barbarian stuff. No monks or other asian classes, since I don't like the asian flavor in a European fantasy game. No psionics, but I don't even think I'd allow those if someone wanted to play one.

Insight

Adventurer
I agree that this poll should be multiple choice. Our campaign has a certain feel to it, and lots of the options listed above just aren't available at all. I chose 'Asian-themed', which I guess should include Monks. Of course, we don't really get any use at all out of the Complete (X) book classes, nor 3rd party supplements, many of which also don't fit the theme of the campaign world.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads