D&D General What Classes Would You Add to D&D?

ezo

I cast invisibility
More information about any of these is available upon request.
Could you elborate (or brief summary) these from your list? Or let me know if heavy overlap exists?

Blue Traveler
Captain
Craftsman
Disciple
Elementalist
Esper
Firebrand
Gadgeteer (sort of Artificer?)
Guardian
Herald
Investigator
Keeper
Lacer
Magus
Marshal (sort of Warlord?)
Matyr
Necromancer
Oracle
Psyknight
Pugilist
Samsari
Savant
Scientest
Trooper
Vagabond
Wielder

Shadowedeyes

Adventurer
Well, first I'll explain what I personally think a new class should have. It should have enough of an identity and popularity to justify a class rather than simply being a subclass, while also being broad enough to be able to host multiple subclasses within itself. Having a mechanical hook is a great bonus as well

Right off the top of my head, as much as I don't like the concept, a Gish/Swordmage definitely hits all all the above, so I feel if another class is made it feels like a front runner.

The Warlord from 4e is a class I really liked, both in play and concept, so I would interested in seeing a 5e version. I think it hits the above reasonably well.

After that things become a bit less certain with some of the various ideas people have brought up. The Psion, in my opinion, just doesn't have enough of a fluff identity compared to magic. A shapeshifter class would be hard to have enough subclass concepts to justify a full class, again, in my opinion.

The pet/summoner class probably does hit my criteria, but my big concern with that one is that it doesn't fit well into a group dynamic. Namely, it tends to end up overpowered.

Could you elborate (or brief summary) these from your list? Or let me know if heavy overlap exists?

Blue Traveler
Captain
Craftsman
Disciple
Elementalist
Esper
Firebrand
Guardian
Herald
Investigator
Keeper
Lacer
Magus
Matyr
Necromancer
Oracle
Psyknight
Pugilist
Samsari
Savant
Scientest
Trooper
Vagabond
Wielder
Well the Elementalist from Purple Martin Games is a Level Up remake of Pathfinder 1st edition's Kineticist class. Kineticist – d20PFSRD Only way better IMO. :)

As for the Wielder, they're individuals who have bonded themselves to a powerful artifact. Lion-o and the Sword of Omens from the Thundercats series is a good example of a Wielder.

The Esper is a Psionic class created by @Steampunkette for her Paranormal Power book for Level Up.

The Herald is the Level Up equivalent of the Paladin. Same abilities, different name.

The Savant is a genius who relies on ingenuity, planning, and keen deductions.

The Magus is an individual striving to be a warrior and a spellcaster at the same time. Basically a Gish. ;)

The Marshall is basically the Warlord.

The Scientist, the Trooper and a couple others in the list are from A5e's The Voidrunner's Codex.

xiphumor

Legend
Top Tier "Why do these not exist." - Psion, Warlord, Gish/Magus/Spellblade
Personal Tier "I think these should exist." - Pet based class.
You should check out the Esper in Paranormal Power, the Marshal in Level Up, and the Wielder in Manual of Adventurous Resources: Complete. I specifically love how the last one solves the flavor issue so many gish have; the class has a strong narrative thread as opposed to just being a more efficient fighter/wizard multiclass.

Blue Traveler
Captain
Craftsman
Disciple
Elementalist
Esper
Firebrand
Guardian
Herald
Investigator
Keeper
Lacer
Magus
Matyr
Necromancer
Oracle
Psyknight
Pugilist
Samsari
Savant
Scientest
Trooper
Vagabond
Wielder
Well the Elementalist from Purple Martin Games is a Level Up remake of Pathfinder 1st edition's Kineticist class. Kineticist – d20PFSRD Only way better IMO. :)

As for the Wielder, they're individuals who have bonded themselves to a powerful artifact. Lion-o and the Sword of Omens from the Thundercats series is a good example of a Wielder.

The Esper is a Psionic class created by @Steampunkette for her Paranormal Power book for Level Up.

The Herald is the Level Up equivalent of the Paladin. Same abilities, different name.

The Magus is an individual striving to be a warrior and a spellcaster at the same time. Basically a Gish. ;)

ezo

I cast invisibility

Double post?? ;)

Remove ads