What Conversions Shall We Do Next?

Oryan77

Adventurer
Thanks for that. Is there an easy way to tell from this spreadsheet which critters aren't already in my index? It looks like the "CREATE" ones may be the ones that need closer inspection.

I think only the ones with "CREATE" are questionable. I'm pretty sure I used your index to locate 3.5 conversions for everything that I could not easily find conversions for.

It was mostly the adventure & supplement books I have listed at the end that had monsters that don't appear on your index (like the Skinrat I believe). If you find a monster not on your index and you can't find it in the book I listed, let me know and I'll give you the exact page number.

Cleon

Legend
There is also the Hanim, but I didn't mention it because the book lists them as Human. Yet, all Hanim allow the Valgoss to use them as hosts which gives the Hanim the ability to transfer their minds into another Hanim body. This makes the Hanim act sort of like an entire community full of individuals with multiple personalities. I wasn't sure if this qualifies the Hanim as something other than just a Human. The host of a Valgoss receives a permanent loss of HP and Charisma, but the Hanim are immune to this effect. So maybe they have a human subtype?

From what I can see, the Hanim are just ordinary humans. It's the Valgoss that make them different.

All you need is to make up a background/racial feat that grants immunity to the deleterious effects of Valgoss hosting and say all the Hanim have is as their human bonus feat.

Cleon

Legend
If I were to just spontaneously convert a creature, where would I actually post that? I've been playing for a while, just enver really got around to registering.

The Homebrews forum is supposed to be for those. That forum's been awfully quiet recently, apart from the Shroomling nothing much is happening on it.

If you prefer to post your conversions here in General Monster Talk it'd be OK. The layout here is hardly set with Modron-like lawful rigidity.

In either case, if you have some conversions to post I suggest you start a new thread to contain them all (whether in Homebrews or General Monsters) and then add a post to the Ultimate Homebrew Index containing links to the individual creatures.

For example, all the monsters in my Fearsome Critters from Lumberjack Tales thread are listed in the Homebrews index here.

Remove ads