• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What cool nicknames have your characters had?

invokethehojo

First Post
I'm writing a western campaign and after watching some western movies to get into the feel of it I notice a lot of characters in western movies had cool nicknames. I've been trying to think up some good ones, but it's tough to just make them up.

Any ideas?

I've only had one character with a cool nickname. He was a fighter in 3.5 with a bastard sword and we were in a war against hobgoblins. He would frequently kill many of them so that he would be surrounded with dead bodies. The DM ruled that three dead bodies in one square formed a sort of "wall" and I could use it to gain cover (we were using flintlock pistols as well). So he became Paul "the wall" Cicero.

What about you? had any cool nicknames out there?

Crothian

First Post
The only times our characters have nicknames is when it is built into the character byt the polayer or when the PC does something stupid and they earn a rude and insulting nick name. But even these cases are very rare.

nute

Explorer
The 6-man party I'm currently DMing for is known in town as "The Shipbreakers", due to their reputation for destroying nearly any boat they set foot on. Given that they're based out of a coastal merchant port, you can imagine what this says about their local reputation.

(Granted, in the last session they actually captured a ship previously owned by warforged pirates, and used one of the deck-mounted siege weapons against... *sigh* a dinghy.)

Richards

Legend
I don't know about "cool," but my son runs an armored paladin nicknamed "Teabag" for the numerous times he's ended up dangling into a body of water with a rope tied around his waist....

Johnathan

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads