• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What Core Races have you played?

I have/have not played:

• I have played a Human

Votes: 263 95.6%
  • I have never played a Human

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • I have played a Dwarf

Votes: 203 73.8%
  • I have never played a Dwarf

Votes: 61 22.2%
  • I have played an Elf

Votes: 212 77.1%
  • I have never played an Elf

Votes: 50 18.2%
  • I have played a Half-Elf

Votes: 161 58.5%
  • I have never played a Half-Elf

Votes: 100 36.4%
  • I have played a Half-Orc

Votes: 120 43.6%
  • I have never played a Half-Orc

Votes: 127 46.2%
  • I have played a Halfling

Votes: 172 62.5%
  • I have never played a Halfling

Votes: 89 32.4%

A Passing Maniac

First Post
I voted human (a half-dozen or so occasions) and halfling (on two occasions), remembering that my kobold was reincarnated as a half-elf only after voting. I've also played a gnome, though most of my characters venture into odder territory, including a bugbear, a warforged, several vanaras, and the aforementioned kobold.

mhacdebhandia

Explorer
I have played human and dwarven characters. I've never played one of the others you listed (except one pretty crap campaign where I played an elven cleric for about four sessions, which I don't count), primarily because I find the Tolkienesque races intensely boring unless they're reinvented a la Eberron.

I have also played a Gnome

I knew I had never played an elf before but after answering the poll I have come to relieze I have never played an 1/2 Orc either. Curious......

hornedturtle

First Post
Of the core races I've only played a Human and have felt no desire to play any of the others. The first non human race I've had the desire to play is the Warforged, I got to play one for about 5 posts of a play by post campaign. Didn't even get to try to fight anything.

Frost

First Post
I've played 'em all. Half-orcs are my favorite. (As you can imagine, I have no love for 4e.) However, it's hard to say which I've played the most because I tend to DM more than play. I'd wager that would be humans.

Remove ads