• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What could a publisher sell you RIGHT NOW/

Obergnom

First Post
Currently I would buy Dungeon Delve 2 unseen as well as any 4e stuff from Paizo or Necromancer Games.

None of these things or comming :)

I will get Deathwatch and Into the Storm (Rogue Trader Expansion) unseen though, I'm a fan of FFGs production values.

roguerouge

First Post
A simple system for naval combat like the war rules in the most recent Kingmaker volume. Simple, easy...

Politics rule system, as in Deities and Demagogues, but simplified.

A three-tiered chess set.

Raven Crowking

First Post
A map-making program that allows one to easily design three-dimensional spaces, so that it is easy to see how various levels and sublevels link up in a complex environment. The program I am using now is called "markers and graph paper".

RC

Reynard

Legend
Supporter
A superhero game that's like comic books.

Being a big fan of comics, as well as a big fan of super hero roleplaying games, I actually don't think they are the same exact genre (or, rather, there's super hero games, and games that try and emulate comic books) and would prefer a system that figures out how to create the "anything goes" feeling of super hero comics while remaining playable. I have great hope for M&M3/DCUA.

A turn-based 4e computer game.

I don't much like 4E. I would buy a 4E based CRPG in an instant, and love it.

Jeff Wilder

First Post
Being a big fan of comics, as well as a big fan of super hero roleplaying games, I actually don't think they are the same exact genre (or, rather, there's super hero games, and games that try and emulate comic books) and would prefer a system that figures out how to create the "anything goes" feeling of super hero comics while remaining playable.
M&M seems to be working really well for me. Thus far in my game, they've encountered a world-wide conspiracy supposedly headed up by a mysterious man-bull, genetic manipulation, extra-dimensional magic (and followed it back through a faerie ring to take on Queen Mab), street-level crime (well, B&E with multiple thugs, like a Bat-universe book), and are now embroiled in an attempt to stop a super-tech battlesuit dude from blackmailing the world (while simultaneously trying to track down the "victims" of an X-factor-triggering "radiation accident").

And that's only the first three story-arcs!

Pat

First Post
A reprint of the original Dungeons & Dragons 3-Volume Set.

The 20-volume hardcover set of Dragon magazine mentioned earlier in the thread also sounds nice, though I suspect it would have to at least 40 books (to make the individual volumes as thin as a typical encyclopedia).

Doug McCrae

Legend
Over the Edge, perhaps?
I'm a big fan of Over the Edge but it's not a superhero game.

It's somewhat influenced by the novels of William Burroughs, which is an unusually literary influence for an rpg, with a little Star Trek and a lot of 90s Fortean type weirdness. Or maybe just general weirdness. But weird is a very 90s thing.

Like superheroes it's contemporary weird, yeah. But it's a different kind of contemporary weird.

Remove ads