• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What could a publisher sell you RIGHT NOW/

Sylrae

First Post
In order of priority
PFRPG
Monster Characters broken down in a way I'll actually use. (no HD, skill point, or feat loss like savage species, and more elegantly built than This Thread). For those that have multiple roles and are powerful enough for a 20 level spread (dragons) make them progress through 'talent trees' that specialize them in a given role but let them switch between trees freely.
Base Race + Monster Class, the class grants most of the stuff the monster gets over levels, but have more versatility for the one-trick pony monsters. Would take as pdfs or web content, and would subscribe to it if it was done well and they kept it coming. (Like 2 Monsters a month if I had to get them one at a time). Cover pretty much everything with more than 2HD, from the Minotaur to the Mindflayer to the Dragon.
The mountain of prep work it would save me every time I get a "Can I play an X" - to allow it would make it easily worth the price of a hardcover.

Monster templates I can apply to a character that dont put them above the party level, and that give them of progressing a bit into the monster afterwards. Vampires and Weres first.

A book focused on new ways to use skills, with a minimum feat expenditure to do so. I want to see running along walls, crazy combat tricks, climbing onto the dragon, sliding between the enemy's legs, etc.

A Profession system that doesn't suck. in 3.x and PFRPG, the only profession skill I've seen used is sailor, otherwise you're better off with a craft skill. Consolidate this a bit better I think.

WoTC
Forgotten Realms Encyclopedia
Print me a campaign setting in depth enough that it compiles all the lore from 1e to 4e.
Include information that may affect my game from videogames and novels.
With as little crunch as possible, and using the appropriate terms from material from a given publishing period (anything before spellplague shouldnt mention eladrin for example).
Give me a play world setup during a few time periods:
1. Crown Wars
2. 1358 DR
3. 1368 DR
4. 1374 DR
5. 1385 DR
6. 14xx DR

Krensky

First Post
While I don't play (or like) 4e, I'd probably buy a 4e video game that faithfully recreated the combat, skill challenge, and all the other systems.

Sadly, I highly doubt we'll see this.

Tactical RPGs have never really, as a genre, sold well in the US and it's my understanding that this situation has gotten worse as of late.

Additionally, I doubt the D&D brand is valuable enough in Japan for a developer there to bother licensing it, especially as it's likely more profitable to make up your own world with lots of cute girls and pretty boys so you can sell merch in addition to the game.

Still, it would be cool.

coyote6

Adventurer
I'd buy a real bag of holding (or 10) right now. Better, a small portable bookshelf of holding.

(Also, in the comment above, that should be "turn-based"; "urn-based RPGs" might be fun, too, but I'm not into pottery. Stupid inability to edit typos in XP comments . . .)

rusty2667

First Post
An E6 player's handbook. It could very easily be done without violating the OGL

I imagine that if someone created an E6 phb, then I'd just be paying that person to gather and organize all the available info that currently exists.

I have zero problem with this.

slwoyach

First Post
I imagine that if someone created an E6 phb, then I'd just be paying that person to gather and organize all the available info that currently exists.

I have zero problem with this.

Exactly. And it'd be much easier to get people to try it if you could just hand them a PHB instead of having to explain it to them.

Aus_Snow

First Post
e6 in print would be fantastic! Maybe a smaller, "pocket" book, like the M&M one, or the Conan one, or. . . yeah, any of the others.

I know some folks who would buy a few copies.

edit: A bunch of incantations, prestige feats and other options included would be awesome.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads