• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What counts as humanoid for the Enlarge spell?

darthkilmor

First Post
Specifically, I'm to be playing a yak folk in an upcoming game and taking a lvl in sorc. will I be able to cast Enlarge on myself, as a monstrous humandoid? and if so, that would change me from..large to huge size, correct?

Vurt

First Post
I do believe that the type "monstrous humanoid" does not fulfill the "humanoid" requirement of the enlarge spell. They are considered separate types. Take a look under the ranger favored enemy class feature for an idea of what WotC means by "humanoid".

Cheers,
Vurt

Scion

First Post
you will probably want to take a level of psychic warrior and get expansion instead (self only, but it will work on you) or get a bunch of umd/upd (depending on if your dm allows them to work on the same/different things or whatever) and get an item with it in it.

Several levels in psychic warrior will eventually allow you to grow two sizes, but the cost is high.

Lord Pendragon

First Post
Vurt said:
I do believe that the type "monstrous humanoid" does not fulfill the "humanoid" requirement of the enlarge spell. They are considered separate types. Take a look under the ranger favored enemy class feature for an idea of what WotC means by "humanoid".
Right. [Humanoid] is a defined game-term. If you aren't defined in those terms, you aren't a humanoid for the purposes of spells and effects, etc.

Remove ads