• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What did you do with your old D&D rulebooks?

Drew

Explorer
Well, I have the following:

Third Edition Player's Handbook purchased at GenCon 2000. It has a printing error which repeats the first few pages of the skills chapter. It was signed by Monte Cook, Skip Williams, Jonathan Tweet, and a couple of the artists and editors...pretty much whoever I could find and hand a pen.

PH purchased right after returning from GenCon. One second printing PH, One first printing DMG and one second printing, and one first printing Monster Manual. That's six core books. :) Bear in mind, though, that I'm married and my wife is a gamer as well.

These books are all sitting with my old stuff (1E and 2E) on my second bookshelf.

Templetroll

Explorer
Krug said:
So what did you do with your old D&D rulebooks after(if) you got revised edition?

My three little tan booklets just got me $50 off next month's rent! It was a pool party the apartment complex had and one prize was for "Most Retro Artifact". D&D was way better than the other old stuff there.

My other edition books are in a cabinet, since I am a packrat. Don't have any 3.5 books yet but thinking the rent break may be used to get myself one. :)

King_Stannis

Explorer
What's old is still new....

We are not making the switch to 3.5, as we all have too much tied up in 3e products, so my 3e books still get plenty of use.

My 2e stuff is in attic storage, except for anything Birthright or Planescape.

shadow

First Post
We are not making the switch to 3.5, as we all have too much tied up in 3e products, so my 3e books still get plenty of use.

Same with me. After investing so much money in time in 3e, I can't imagine rushing out and selling all my 3e and buying 3.5e.

Norfleet

First Post
Nothing. "Do" would imply that I took action in some way, either to throw them out, bury them somewhere, etc. They're still there, in their usual place, doing their usual thing.

Bloodsparrow

First Post
A'koss said:
Let's just say you're never short of a napkin at A'koss's house. :D

WEll... after watching the DIY network for 12 consecutive hours...

I can make a hat... Or a broach...

A teridactyl *CAW* *CAW*

:D

Just kidding.

They're in the trunk of my car actually. Along with several WotC store $1 special sets of dice... I'm always ready for a game!

Well... Actually, I just left them there last time I went to a game and used 3.0 books. :p Still have all my 2ed stuff on a shelf.

Bloodsparrow

First Post
A'koss said:
Let's just say you're never short of a napkin at A'koss's house. :D

Well... after watching the DIY network for 12 consecutive hours...

I can make a hat... Or a broach...

A teridactyl *CAW* *CAW*

:D

Just kidding.

They're in the trunk of my car actually. Along with several WotC store $1 special sets of dice... I'm always ready for a game!

Well... Actually, I just left them there last time I went to a game and used 3.0 books.

Remove ads