What do you do if you make a paladin and you roll, say, a 4.

BadMojo

First Post
I vote Int. as well, but I must admit I think roleplaying a character who's only slightly smarter than a dog would get old pretty quick.

Sejs

First Post
The Forsaken One said:
Put it in con and if you make it to level 11, go lich! :p Or just get whacked and raised as a ghoul or someth.

Who needs con, play undead!

Lich.... paladin you say.

Do go on. :p

Dross

Explorer
frankthedm said:
If you are rolling you have a weird way of rolling.

Could you expand on this Frank? Why is having the possibility of a 4 with 2x 12, 2x 16 and a 14 a weird way of rolling? :confused:

I'd go Dex as the dump stat, then get something the boosts it when possible. It's easier to neutralise the problems of a low Dex than Int.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
I'd put it in Dex. In fact, I would give yourself some deformity or injury to explain your lack of Dex. That would add depth to your character, and give you more role playing opportunities (whereas the low intelligence choice would give you LESS role playing opportunities).

Initiative for a Paladin is not important.

AC for a Paladin is important, but you have the ability to wear heavy armor and carry a shield, so the hit isn't that bad.

Your Reflex will suck, but that's nothing new. Paladins expect to get hit by the full blast of the fireball anyway...hence their hit points are high.

Remove ads