• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E What do you like to see in the Dungeon Master's Guide?

Psyga315

Explorer
This won't be a poll, since there'll be so many ideas for how it will go. Instead, just say what you like to see out of Guide.

Personally, I'd like to see rules for Factions. The Factions is a nice feature in the Adventurer's League, and I wanna see how it gets translated to home play.

I can't imagine that the "how to play the game" section of the 4e DMG can be improved upon. That's why I'd like less emphasis on that and more on "how to tinker with the rules": how to make changes without destroying the balance, how to change things if you'd like to play a low-magic or a steampunk game, how to borrow material from other editions or other games, etc...

Eejit

First Post
Player dominions, realms, castles, armies, guilds. Something to spend all that gold on with magic item shops being almost entirely absent (presumably the City of Brass would be an exception).

They've also mentioned wanting to include rules for large-scale combat in the DMG. Which would tie in to this nicely.

Unadvisedgoose

First Post
I want magic items to be a big part of things. Lycanthrope and vampire PC options. Warforged. A few pointers on how to properly adjust PC archetypes into monsters. Having an enemy like a powerful warrior king should be just as viable a villain as a Lich or dragon.

gweinel

Explorer
No cantrips magic system, a *real* summoner class, a *fun* animal companion class (i know this is subjective), a rank based skil system, ways to make your own subclasses and magic systems.

Grim and gritty health system. Lasting wounds.

And "magic is dangerous" rules too.

I would love to see these rules.

T

TDarien

No cantrips magic system, a *real* summoner class, a *fun* animal companion class (i know this is subjective), a rank based skil system, ways to make your own subclasses and magic systems.

I would love to see these rules.

What would you call a *real* summoner class? What do you want out of it?

Remove ads