• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What do you store your books in?

Thorindale

First Post
After 20 years in the US Navy, I have traveled a lot, and my books have been with me. And during those, the books have traveled in different types of containers. Cardboard boxes are plentiful, but tend to wear down and attract those pesky silverfish. My favorite is a plastic container from HOME PLUS AMERICA. It is a clear 42-qt container with a completely smooth interior (no bumps or grooves what-so-ever). [Product# 2042 CL]

However, with my ever growing collection, it is getting harder to find a good-quality container. So, I was wondering what/where fellow EN-World'ers store their books in.

Wystan

Explorer
bookshelves?

I carry them to game in Metal Tool Kits....The briefcase looking metal cases that are about 6-8 inches deep....

Khairn

First Post
Good books and those I use often are kept on bookshelves
Good books that I am collecting or only plan to play in the future are kept in plastic containers that are slightly larger than comic boxes
Games that I am not longer worried about are kept in stacks of plastic milk cartons
Other locations include bedstand, bathroom and floor beside my computer desk

lukelightning

First Post
I have a couple "gaming shelves" for all my gaming books. I carefully organize them according to game system, title, and category (manual, sourcebook, module, etc.).

Then in a flash my neat and tidy system is demolished when I take out a bunch of books to prepare for a game...

JimAde

First Post
Books that are used regularly go into a plastic milk crate, along with my campaign binders, miniatures and dice. Strong and easy to carry. The rest are just on a shelf. When I have to move them they go in cardboard boxes, but that's not very often.

GlassJaw

Hero
Bookshelves. Unfortunately, those are filling up and "the floor" has become the newest storage area. I really need a bigger place.

shaylon

First Post
I too use bookshelves. I have a couple of milkcrates from when I used to carry all my stuff to games when I was a kid. Now we game at my house. If I travel for a game I usually just fit everything in a backpack or two.

Not sure what to tell you, maybe buy another of the containers you like when this one fills up?

-Shay

The_Magician

First Post
I keep all my books inside individual plsatic bags, taped tight, and kept inside drawers, bookshelves or piled up. Except those I am using at the moment. Those I keep piled near my computer and by the bed, out of the plastic bag..

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads