• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E What do you want for Pathfinder from 3PP?

joela

First Post
I am just curious to see what folks need.

Need? Nuthin'. Want? Ah.... ;)

In no particular order:

Archtypes!
Templates!
Advice book on how to convert/modify the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game ruleset from high-magic (and how!) to function in a low-magic game.

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
Don't need anything.

Want?

Adventures different from what Paizo is offering. (See Frog God Games for examples.)

Give us something special (megadungeons or fantastic locations) and/or site-based adventures. Give me planar sites I can drop into a campaign (like a pit fiend's lair in Hell or the abode of a minor demon lord in the Abyss). Heck, give me planar and non-planar ruins (small and large) or dungeons that I can drop into a campaign.

Qwillion

First Post
Archtypes!
I will assume you want ArchEtypes :)

Templates!
Ok I have two products with templates the Restless Souls for players and of course Book of Monster templates for GMs, I am also working on a book of simple templates.

Advice book on how to convert/modify the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game ruleset from high-magic (and how!) to function in a low-magic game.

An Iron Path (Iron Heroes) version of the PFRPG

Green Ronin's Psychic's Handbook.
I am not familiar with this book I will have to pick up the PDF and check it out.

Adventures different from what Paizo is offering.

I have the Living Airship already which did not do well financially but it was a conversion from AE.

I do have The Breaking of Fostor Nagar coming out this year which is designed for Virtual Table Top and can be played on traditional as well (it will have print able map packs) Its a save the ambassador of a glacier city as it falls to foreign invaders. Its very different in my opinion.

Also coming this year is the Japanese Horror arc Curse of the Golden Spear for Kaidan.

Give us something special (megadungeons or fantastic locations) and/or site-based adventures. Give me planar sites I can drop into a campaign (like a pit fiend's lair in Hell or the abode of a minor demon lord in the Abyss). Heck, give me planar and non-planar ruins (small and large) or dungeons that I can drop into a campaign.

We do have Coliseum Mopheuon in PDF and in Full-Color print (via our print distribution partner Cubicle Seven) at your FLGS or at places like Paizo.com. Its Planer (plane of dreams) and as a transitional plane like the plane of shadow, astral, and ethereal its easy to drop into any campaign.

We do have fantastic location with out Evocative City Sites series, but I have been thinking about a fantastical 5 room dungeon setting.

Jeff Wilder

First Post
This isn't at all reflective of any ill will toward 3PPs, as I have just the opposite, but the truth is that my days of 3PP-purchasing are over. I am content within my Pathfinder subscription, and relieved to be purchasing only that.

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
We do have Coliseum Mopheuon in PDF and in Full-Color print (via our print distribution partner Cubicle Seven) at your FLGS or at places like Paizo.com. Its Planer (plane of dreams) and as a transitional plane like the plane of shadow, astral, and ethereal its easy to drop into any campaign.

We do have fantastic location with out Evocative City Sites series, but I have been thinking about a fantastical 5 room dungeon setting.

Coliseum is on backorder at Paizo, but once it's in I'll check it out.

I'm thinking for planar sites that I'd like even more basic. Show me a pit fiend's lair in Hell. Give me a BBEG devil/demon lair for the end of an arc in my game. Show me something cool on those planes that an adventurer might visit. Hide a holy avenger in a devil's lair. (You could have a series of lairs with "quest" items - like the holy avenger.)

Give me an adventure site on Nirvana or the Astral plane, etc. Paizo isn't really doing any of this, except a very little bit in its adventure paths. In fact, I don't know of any publisher doing this.

Last edited:

noretoc

First Post
I agree with adventures. Spell list (As long as they are balanced) and Monsters are a close second, but I don't play on golarion. I play in a homebrew, and would love to see more generic Adventures. The kind that could be dropped into any world.

Crothian

First Post
Nothing. I've got a decade worth of 3.x material that is very easy to use in Pathfinder. I used to be all about the 3pp material but these days I'm not seeing a need or have a desire for any of it anymore. I keep reading about different versions of the same things and it has really burnt me out on it.

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
Nothing. I've got a decade worth of 3.x material that is very easy to use in Pathfinder. I used to be all about the 3pp material but these days I'm not seeing a need or have a desire for any of it anymore. I keep reading about different versions of the same things and it has really burnt me out on it.

This is exactly how I feel about rules. No more, please!!!!

The only things I want are those that haven't really been done before - and that are setting and/or adventure based. I don't need or want (ever again) any more skills/feats/prestige classes, etc...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads