• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What do you wish was made into a game?

Me and some friends where talking about Comics, video games, and movies and which ones we thought would make cool Ropleplaying games or even card games.
Id just like to hear some opinions on the issue. So what Video games, movies, comics, or heck even old games would you like to see made into a NEW RPG or even a New CCG.
Personally id love to See Alien And Predator made into a d20 modern game and a Versus Card game.
A Lord of the Rings D20 ( i wasnt to keen on the one they made for the movies or the old one back in the 80's that used the Rolemasters).
Halo (using the Mutants and Mastermninds System or whatever their calling it T20?)
Bring back DC Universe (the d6 game is great and flexible, though i heard theres a new one coming out, PLEASE NO CLASSES OR LEVELS..... make it point based!!!!)
I like to see a Old World Of Darkness D20 ( heck id love them to start making anything for the old WOD again, dont like the new one).
Spawn Versus (ccg) and A d20 game though Storyteller (old version) would work bettter.
Final Fantasy d20, Pokemon d20 (i was actually working on this but i got lazy), A good Marvel game (could we hope for the same system as the new DC game...not likely)

So what are your choices or heck which ones of mine dont you think would fly?

Aeson

I am the mysterious professor.
I would like to see Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda as an RPG. I love the setting even if the show wasn't real good. They have a Buffy and Angel RPG. Why not Firefly?

AIM-54

First Post
I'd like to see a new Robotech RPG, perhaps d20 based or perhaps not. Just one that's more playable than the old Palladium version. I still own all those books, though. :heh:

mcrow

Explorer
There was an Alien VS. Predator card game a while back that was real popular (IIRC) but it didn't use the VS system.

Pokemon RPG? Hopefully you are saying this would be a good seller (because it likely would be) and not that it would be a cool game. i don't see the point of this one.

I don't like the idea of a LotR RPG in general so making it a d20 game wouldn't make any difference to me.

I can't think of any intellectual properties that haven't already been done that I would want to see. Right now I'm look for totally original RPGs and these days they getting harder to find.

mcrow

Explorer
Yeah..... A new Robotech would great! The Palladium version was good back in the day but the system is way more clunky than it needs to be. I'd like to see it in d20 or OGL.

Well a pokemon D20 game would sell tons, as for a good idea, it depends. The one i was making allowed for a more mature setting. The pokemon died, there where no gyms no league it was more of a powerful monsters that people use to beat each other up . Mine would definatly not be what would sell (as it would be too violent for the target age) I also had pictures drawn up of a few of them, that turned the cute ones into monstrous looking beasts.
I never played the buffy or angel game but i heared from those that had it was pretty bad.
yeah i know about the Alien Vs Predator CCG but i was a little late getting into games when that one was out, now i cant find it. Id like the new ( though i doubt a new one is in the works) one to use versus for the simple geeky pleasure of having a warrior alien right along my batman or superman card.

mcrow

Explorer
hey, ya never know. There were some Alien VS Predator comics , maybe upper deck will fallow Wizkids hero clicks idea to have a set(s) that feature independent comics character. That would be cool in my book too. :D

The_Gneech

Explorer
I worked on a d6 System Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy homebrew one time ... some of the available character templates were "Hitchhiker," "Dumb Brute," "Sleazy Reporter," "Respectable Physicist/Naughty Physicist," "Baffled Earthling," "Utility Robot," and "Life of the Party."

The initial scenario was inspired by my mother's constant insistence that I should take off my hat indoors: the characters were going to be at a fancy dinner somewhere (I forget the reasons exactly), at which everybody took off their left shoe before eating ... with the idea being that if any of PCs didn't take off their left shoe, the host would promptly die of embarrassment and the rest of the partygoers would chase the PCs with kill-o-zap guns.

I'd like to see some not-me person do that as a fully fleshed-out RPG!

-The Gneech :cool:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads