• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What does your ultimate gaming table look like?

falcarrion

First Post
It would be made out of the base of a redwood tree. the center would be sanded so it would be raised a inch or two where the multitouch game screen would be. With a piece of plexiglass covering that to protect it of course. The sanded down sections would slope downwards to form small player stations with sections that would slide open to hold your dice etc. and a section to roll them in. If you have ever seen a chinese puzzle box then you know what I mean. the chairs would be carved out smaller tree trunks with big soft cusions to sit on. with speakers bult into the arms and head rest which could be hooked up to your itouch. One arm rest would have an area for a cup holder and the other a branch which could be rotated upwards to hold your ipad. The rest of the room would be made up to look like a forest. With a hidden bookshelf on one side and show case on the other for miniatures.

Almost forgot the fridge in another tree along the wall.

Glade Riven

Adventurer
I'd probably custom build a table, and then have complex, modular dungeons built out of legos. I may look into industrial solutions for organizers and what-not.

UngainlyTitan

Legend
Supporter
I'd want a LCD panel with multitouch input laid flat and inset into the tabletop, with a sheet of clear lucite or similar over it to protect from spills and take wet/dry erase markers but still allow for interaction beneath. Comfortable chairs and a felt border around the LCD panel. I'd like a controllable, motion tracking camera for the DM to be seen by remote friends, and flat panel monitors for the "remote" friends so there would still be a face at the table.
Something like this, the table display would be ddriven by a pc or laptop that would be separate and act as an extra monitor and touch input surface.

I want to be able to play at the table and wargame with remote players.

Woas

First Post
It wouldn't really be a table per se.

If money were no barrier, my ultimate gaming table would be a room. It would be a holodeck.

Wicht

Hero
I think a sweet table that could double as a dining room table would be high on the list. Something of quality that could work in a dining room, but then be converted to a gaming table on the fly would appease both Mrs. IronWolf and allow for easy gaming.

You want the Emissary then. I saw both the Sultan and the Emissary at Origins this year and while The Sultan would be great for a big house with a real gaming room, I much prefered the Emissary as being more practical and far more justifiable, seeing as how it did double duty as a dining table with the game able to be placed underneath the leaves. Also would solve the problem of cats in the house and games left overnight, or give a nice puzzle working area that you could then hide.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads