• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What DVD to watch first Tuesday?

KenM

Banned
Banned
This coming Tuesday we have Return of the King, Bubba Ho-tep, and the Underworld special edtion coming out on DVD. What one will you watch first? I'm going Return of the King, Bubba, and Underworld.

Maerdwyn

First Post
I've been wanting to see Bubba-Ho-Tep (it was never shown in theaters around here), so that will be my first, then Return of the King. I don't have much interest in Underworld.

Dimwhit

Explorer
I didn't realize the Underworld SE was out Tuesday. I just ordered it from Columbia DVD, but fortunately it's the SE. So that's what I'll be watching first.

Never heard of Bubba-Ho-Tep. I'll probably see RotK soon. Wanted to wait for the EE, but I doubt I'll hold out that long.

Purple

First Post
I'll probably pick up RotK and Buffy season 6, but will watch Buffy first, probably within the week. Maybe watch the whole LotR trilogy over the weekend, though.

Lee

FCWesel

First Post
BUBBA! BUBBA! BUBBA!

I mean it's not like the ROTK is anything special. Perhaps if it were the REAL RotK movie being released, then maybe perhaps...This week is just the theatrical release.

Maraxle

First Post
FCWesel said:
I mean it's not like the ROTK is anything special. Perhaps if it were the REAL RotK movie being released, then maybe perhaps...This week is just the theatrical release.
I seem to remember a quote from Peter Jackson saying that the theatrical releases are the "definitive" ones. The extended editions are just that - extended.

TracerBullet42

First Post
Maraxle said:
I seem to remember a quote from Peter Jackson saying that the theatrical releases are the "definitive" ones. The extended editions are just that - extended.

Just cuz he calls them "definitive" doesn't make them better. Does the name George Lucas mean anything to you?

(Dodges the incoming, "Are you comparing Peter Jackson to George Lucas" hatred...)

I definitely have preferred the extended versions, definitive or not. The theatrical releases have been great, but the extended even better.

Maerdwyn said:
I've been wanting to see Bubba-Ho-Tep (it was never shown in theaters around here), so that will be my first, then Return of the King. I don't have much interest in Underworld.
I hope you're not too disappointed in Bubba Ho-Tep - I actually got to see it in a theater and, well, a movie could never live up to that premise. Great idea, great actors, solid director--and a big "feh" from me.

Which is reallly to bad, because I expected great things--especially
after the scene with the iron lung

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads