• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E What elements of Pathfinder Beta do you hope made it into the final print? (mulligan)

Mikaze

First Post
Reposting dm4hire's OP, as the original thread seems borken right out the gate.

Haven't seen a thread on this yet and thought it would be something to talk about. What elements of the Pathfinder Beta did you like and hope made it into the final print version?

I personally like what they came up with by combining turning and healing. Turning is a great class feature for the cleric, but if you don't encounter undead it becomes a useless aspect taking up paper space on your character sheet. WotC even tried to fix the problem by adding feats to 3.x to allow the cleric to turn more than undead and also incorporated other variations on the abilities. Combining it with healing definitely helps keep the ability in play as well as limit the need to burn spells on the fly for healing. I figure a variation of this ability made the final cut.

What other changes or gems did you come across that you hope made it into the final cut?

Lots, particularly the Sorcerer bloodlines, Feats every level for Fighters, Barbarian rage powers(with some work done on said powers), CMB(again, with refinement) and especially the new skill system.

I really don't want to give up the new skill system. It's made using cross-class skills and char creation much less of a headache as far as that aspect goes.

This wasn't specifically in the BETA, but James Jacobs has said something about putting in a more "relaxed" or rather "reasonable" explanation of the Paladin's Code as well, which could only be a good thing as far as I'm concerned.

(if the original thread does get fixed, plz merge? Not trying to steal anyone's thread, just wanted to respond)

smug

First Post
I might be one of the only people in the world that likes it, but I'd like to see the Hand of the Apprentice power retained. Might keep it even if it isn't (which wouldn't surprise me).

Papa-DRB

First Post
The only two things that I am "meh" about are Barbarian Rage Points and Monk Ki Points.

Everything, maybe with *very* small tweaking, is great!

If the final rule set goes back to Cleric Domain spells instead of powers, I just might continue to play Beta rules only...

Remathilis

Legend
My list of "not make its" is shorter:

1.) Rage points
2.) Rogues who cast arcane spells
3.) Cleric "spontaneous channeling" in regards to negative energy.

The third is mostly because I hate the concept that a 5th level evil priest can walk into town and eight turn checks later make it devoid of most of its life. Leave that kind of devastation to high-level wizards.

Remove ads