• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What feat should I get for this character?

Darkmantle26

First Post
I am torn between many ideas of what feat this character should get when he gets his next ability score improvement. Since I will multi class into rogue, I was thinking that the stealth skill proficiency should be what I take for multi classing, and at level 4 Rogue increasing DEX and CON each by 1, and then next improvement taking the Medium Armor Master Feat. However I was also thinking about at 4th level Rogue taking the charger feat, since my character likes to charge into battle, and that feat would help him with that. I'm also interested in the defensive duelist feat, since the sun blade I have is a finesse weapon, gaining a substantial boost to AC.
Here are it's stats:
Human Hunter Ranger level 5 (All future Levels will be Rogue levels with assassin archetype, campaign ends at level 15)
STR 20
DEX 15
CON 13
INT 8
WIS 16
CHA 11
Dual Wielder feat
Two weapon fighting fighting style
Colossus slayer
48 hp
AC 18 (Half plate, +1 from dual wielder feat)
Sun blade
Longsword (Offhand)
Longbow (Never use it)

Last edited:

Rhenny

Adventurer
I've been playing a human tempest cleric raised by elves so I started the campaign (human variant) with defensive duelist just for the character concept. It took nearly 5 game sessions before the bonus to ac from duelist actually saved my PC from a hit. Then for some weird reason it happened a few more times. Now he's 5th level and the bonus is growing. I actually like the randomness that this feat grants. It is exciting. Most people wouldn't think about it until proficiency bonus is +4 or more. But I've enjoyed the surprises so far and I'm loving how it will get better as I level up higher in the future.

bid

First Post
Cunning action already gives you Dash as a bonus action.
- action=dash + bonus=attack -> 1 attack + 5 damage
- bonus=dash + action=attack -> 2 attacks

Uncanny dodge already uses your reaction for half damage.

You cannot do SA with your twf longsword, get a rapier.

Stealth expertise is a favorite, so yeah. That's +8 with Dex15, no need for ASI.

Mobile first (no OA) if you don't care about half plate stealth penalty, resilient (Con) or MAM next. The only utility feat worth considering is healer, you don't look like a magic initiate / ritual caster kind of guy.

Last edited:

hejtmane

Explorer
His build is weird it is strength based I figured swash buckler would be a better build for him than assassin

You do not need medium armor feat you can already use medium armor with Ranger

Darkmantle26

First Post
His build is weird it is strength based I figured swash buckler would be a better build for him than assassin

You do not need medium armor feat you can already use medium armor with Ranger[/QUO
Medium Armor Master let's me add up to +3 to AC with dex while wearing medium armor and also get's rid of the stealth penalty

Remove ads