What film(s) have you seen the most times?

TheAlkaizer

Game Designer
I'm surprised that I'm surprised, but many of you named some of the movies I've seen the most.

Lord of the Rings
13th Warrior
Blade Runner
Conan the Barbarian
Interstellar
Master & Commander
Enemy at the Gates

Mad_Jack

Legend
I'm assuming that a lot of folks on here are like me, and use The 13th Warrior as their go-to background noise while doing other things like cooking or laundry...

The Patriot and sometimes Cutthroat Island are the other movies that occasionally do that duty.

The Rocky Horror Picture Show is in its own category, as I've seen close to 400 showings in a theater alone, nevermind watching it on video. I used to perform with The RKO Army, the RI shadowcast, and was active on the national convention scene for almost eight years - I've seen the movie in twelve different US states and performed it in ten.
(Tangentially, the sequel, Shock Treatment is also something I've been involved in shadowcasting, and seen too many times to count.)

Other movies I've watched dozens of times, some of them more than one or two hundred times...

The Last Unicorn
Highlander

Ridley Scott's Legend, with Tom Cruise and Tim Curry
The Dark Crystal
Labyrinth
Willow
Bladerunner
Battle Beyond The Stars

the original Star Wars trilogy
Heavy Metal
The Boondock Saints
The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
Ladyhawke
Spaceballs
Kingdom of Heaven
The Princess Bride
Gladiator
A Christmas Story
Blues Brothers
Gone in 60 Seconds
Braveheart
Beetlejuice
Shawshank Redemption
Clash of the Titans
Sin City
Krull
Goonies
Lost Boys
Big Trouble in Little China
Gremlins
Short Circuit
Johnny Dangerously
Conan the Barbarian
Master & Commander

the first three Indiana Jones films
Excalibur
Dragonslayer
Inception
Pitch Black
Watchmen
The Fifth Element

If I actually bothered to wander over to my huge dvd collection and actively consider it, I could easily rattle off at least a dozen more...

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I never thought about keeping track. I do know there’s some I’ve seen MANY more times than others. In no particular order

BladeRunner
The Thing (original)
It’s A Wonderful Life
Tremors
Army of Darkness
Godzilla (original)
Godzilla Vs King Ghidorah
Gamera
The Shining
Heavy Metal
Robinson Crusoe on Mars
War of the Worlds (original)
20 Million Miles To Earth
Night of the Living Dead (Original)
Blazing Saddles
Spinal Tap
The Rutles
Young Frankenstein
The Making of And God Spoke
Incident At Loch Ness
2001: A Space Odyssey
Jason & the Argonauts (original)
Seven Voyages of Sinbad
Dragonslayer
Monty Python’s Holy Grail
The Producers
The Professional
Highlander
The Time Machine (original)
Kung Fu Hustle
Death Race 2000 (original)
The Birds
American Werewolf in London
The Howling
Dog Soldiers
Journey to the Center of the Earth
Shock Wave
The Creeping Terror*
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea

please don’t watch this yourself.

Last edited:

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Oh, how could I forget Evil Dead II?

A little surprised how much love 13th Warrior gets. I mean, I enjoyed it when I saw it, but some folks just revere that movie.

delericho

Legend
The original Star Wars, by a long long way. After that, there's a bunch that I've seen many times, most of which have been mentioned in this thread.

In the cinema, the top spot is shared by "The Fellowship of the Ring" and "The Phantom Menace", at three times each. In both cases, I saw them twice early on, and then again later - FotR when they added the trailer for TT, and PM in the 3D rerelease.

Wolfram stout

Adventurer
Supporter
Raiders of the Lost Ark (at least 5 or 6 times the year it came out at the theater)
The Godfather
Star Wars
Lord of the Rings.
The 13th Warrior. This is my Halloween movie. Every year my wife would generally take the boy out for Trick or Treatings, and I would stay home and give out candy, and that was the movie I always put on for background.

Between people putting in Raiders, Star Wars, and Blade Runner, it looks (just eyeballing it) that Harrison Ford is the most watched Actor by a good margin.

It would have to be the movies we had on VHS (purchased, or more often taped off the TV, so I have a lot of commercials from 1982 memorized). That would include (quotes pared down to match my list):
The Dark Crystal
Bladerunner

the original Star Wars trilogy
Heavy Metal
Spaceballs
The Princess Bride
A Christmas Story
Blues Brothers
Clash of the Titans

the first three Indiana Jones films
Excalibur

It’s A Wonderful Life
The Shining
Blazing Saddles
2001: A Space Odyssey
Monty Python’s Holy Grail

along with
Silver Streak
The Peter Sellers Pink Panther movies
Animal House
Rear Window
Out of Africa
(my background noise movie)
The Black Hole
Clue
Murder By Death
The Life of Brian
The Last Starfighter

and I think the last one ever bought, and my own first video I bought with money earned from a paycheck, Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
After that, I had jobs and school at the same time, then jobs and adult life, and so on. Never again ran into the situation where I had six hours on a Sunday afternoon with nothing to do but re-watch a bunch of stuff I'd seen 12+ times already.

Arilyn

Hero
Not exactly sure but probably The Lord of the Rings trilogy, Nightmare Before Christmas, Almost Famous and Back to the Future trilogy. Star Trek 2-4, Galaxy Quest and Princess Bride are contenders as well. Might even be on top. Not sure.

Davies

Legend
I suspect Star Wars and Howard the Duck would be tied for first place, with Explorers, The Princess Bride, The Ten Commandments and The Sound of Music filling out the rest of the top five spots. The latter two were annual family watches, not something I personally sought out. The rest of the original trilogy and Star Trek I, III, and IV would fill out the top ten, but I'm not certain what order they should be in.

Remove ads