What film(s) have you seen the most times?

Mannahnin

Scion of Murgen (He/Him)
The "Rob Roy" final fight scene is epic and well worth making it through the rest of the film for.
The whole movie is excellent. And yes, both duels are wonderful. Outstanding fight choreography.

Hell of a cast, too. Liam Neeson, Jessica Lange, William Hurt, Tim Roth & Brian Cox for your villains...

Ryujin

Legend
The whole movie is excellent. And yes, both duels are wonderful. Outstanding fight choreography.

Hell of a cast, too. Liam Neeson, Jessica Lange, William Hurt, Tim Roth & Brian Cox for your villains...
I would say that the fight choreography was right up there with "the Duellists" and utterly believable.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
I've never seen Rob Roy. Drank plenty of them, though.
I have the best Rob Roy story. My buddy asked me to check out this bar near his place in St Paul. It had a slight hooters theme, but wasnt a hooters. The staff uniform was a pair of shorts so tight not having a camel toe was impossible and a dish rag for a top. He orders a Roby Roy and the bartender is completely confused. Tells him to hang on while she grabs "the book." She pulls out a drink book from a cabinet and a huge dust cloud emits from it as she sets it down and starts paging. I told him, "dude change your order its going to be bad" but he was undeterred by his desire for a high octane beverage. She slaps it together and slides it down to him. He drinks and goes sour face and exclaims, "its awful!!" I couldn't believe he was surprised by that.

One of these days I will have to get to it!

The "Rob Roy" final fight scene is epic and well worth making it through the rest of the film for.

Oh man, that's happened to me a number of times. And it's never anything that fancy - I know better than to order a Boulevardier or New York Sour in some places. I'm reminded of the time a Hard Rock Cafe served me a martini in a plastic cup.

There was one time where I ordered a Manhattan at a restaurant and they had to go check how to make it. It was a zero-degree day and we were the only people there. The poor bartender was sweating bullets, and it actually turned out fine.

I have the best Rob Roy story. My buddy asked me to check out this bar near his place in St Paul. It had a slight hooters theme, but wasnt a hooters. The staff uniform was a pair of shorts so tight not having a camel toe was impossible and a dish rag for a top. He orders a Roby Roy and the bartender is completely confused. Tells him to hang on while she grabs "the book." She pulls out a drink book from a cabinet and a huge dust cloud emits from it as she sets it down and starts paging. I told him, "dude change your order its going to be bad" but he was undeterred by his desire for a high octane beverage. She slaps it together and slides it down to him. He drinks and goes sour face and exclaims, "its awful!!" I couldn't believe he was surprised by that.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
One of these days I will have to get to it!

Oh man, that's happened to me a number of times. And it's never anything that fancy - I know better than to order a Boulevardier or New York Sour in some places. I'm reminded of the time a Hard Rock Cafe served me a martini in a plastic cup.

There was one time where I ordered a Manhattan at a restaurant and they had to go check how to make it. It was a zero-degree day and we were the only people there. The poor bartender was sweating bullets, and it actually turned out fine.
I was out for holiday dinner with my old man and brother. After dinner, I wandered into the bar and ordered a Sazerac. The bartender whipped out her phone and pulled up youtube. I told her to not worry about it, but she said she wanted to learn and gave me the drink for free. It was ok, could have been better. I gave her a nice tip for being cool about it.

The Sazerac is a drink that looks simple on paper, but you really have to get the proportions right. Too much or too little lemon or absinthe and the drink just isn't as good.

I was out for holiday dinner with my old man and brother. After dinner, I wandered into the bar and ordered a Sazerac. The bartender whipped out her phone and pulled up youtube. I told her to not worry about it, but she said she wanted to learn and gave me the drink for free. It was ok, could have been better. I gave her a nice tip for being cool about it.

Remove ads