What gaming habit of yours has annoyed other players?

Doc_Klueless

Doors and Corners
I actually have a problem with this too.....all joking aside,heh.....if we are playing an ultra serious game these silly jokes and puns still want to escape my mouth....been that way all my life
The scarier or more tense the situation, the sillier I can be or the more I search for the joke in the situation. This is also a carryover from Real Life as it's how I handle stress there. Sigh.

Mad_Jack

Legend
I can be a hard guy to DM for...

I have a bad tendency to bring my "A" game to the table, even when doing a beer-and-pretzels game. I sometimes forget to dial it down to the level of the current game and end up unintentionally hijacking it.

One of the major symptoms of that is I sometimes get grief from the "screw the plan, I'm charging in" guys (and even occasionally just the "hey, I've got a plan, too" guys) because I often end up being "the guy with the plan"...

And on the other end, it leads to an unfortunate tendency to kick the DM right in the plot hole, lol.
If they missed it (whatever "it" is, whether it's a rules technicality, a flaw in the bad guys' game plan, or the DM casually mentioning there was a piece of string tied to something unimportant) chances are I've spotted it and am currently considering six different ways to exploit the hell out of it with my +5 monkeywrench.

EDIT: And sometimes I get annoyed at myself for having to expend effort to make sure I'm not turning a game session into The Mad Jack Show.

Last edited:

Eis

Explorer
The scarier or more tense the situation, the sillier I can be or the more I search for the joke in the situation. This is also a carryover from Real Life as it's how I handle stress there. Sigh.

I hear you....it is really tough when you're dealing with someone else's hard times and that kind of stuff pops into your mind....sometimes you feel like all you have to offer is a stupid joke and it is a kind of helpless feeling

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I’m too funny.

*pffft*

I’m too sexy.

right_said_fred_3052835a.jpg

(Not pictured: dannyalcatraz.)

Remove ads