• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What happened to Devis?

MThibault

First Post
infax said:
From the look of the 3.5 art on WotC's page, seems like Devis is now in Description (chapter 6). He is now a second rank iconic, like Redgar.

Redgar is now in the Characters chapter along side (well, a page after, but still pretty centrally located) Tordek.

Looks like Redgar got promoted to the first line.

Cheers

Devis

First Post
MThibault said:

Looks like Redgar got promoted to the first line.

Of course he did! I was inspiring greatness on him. Meanwhile, Thimble over there was having it off with a randy chipmunk. I swear, the only reason that I haven't had a benefit concert for the little wannabe is that he won't agree he needs the charity!

But not to worry, good friends. Gimple's Perform (mime) skill will doubtlessly come into play soon enough, especially because I've asked Bruce - you know, my dear friend Bruce Cordell - to write an adventure especially ole' Gimlet.

"What's that, gnome?" my beautiful (and righteous!) Alhandra will ask. "You're doing your impression of an invisible wall, and of swimming? Oh - you're trapped in a flooding force cage. Oops. My bad. Hey, Jozan, got another one of those raise dead spells?"

Really, it's the next best thing to being there.

Amrynn Moonshadow

First Post
for our sake, i hope that when G-man makes cheese from the 'milk' he gets that the goat is indeed female.

(walks off in that super elite / snobby / "ow my boots of elvenkind are too small!" type of way only gold elves know how . . .)

Jozan of Pelor

First Post
Originally posted by Devis I had been all lined up to be the model for the upcoming Book of Erotic Fantasy [...] And you know who they're using instead? Do you? Jozan!

Ahem. I assure you all that my participation in the BEF project was absolutely pure and sanctioned by the Church. Well, mostly.

Of course, Pelor's Own Iconic does not need shiny symbols adorning his person, or really any clothes at all, to show that he glows with the inner light and power and supreme virility of the Lord of the Sun. It was all quite chaste, really. Did I say chased? Ahem.

So you don't need to be so jealous, Devis. They were simply looking for a different...shall I say...profile.

And as for this little fellow Gimble... Well, really. Can he haiku in the face of horrible bodily peril? Can he trill while dodging deadly darts? Can he reach his instruments if I put them on a very high shelf?

I think not.

Remove ads