• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What happened to DOorDice.com?

Xaositech

First Post
zakon said:
Everyone got the same thing, not to mention that they all had similar experiences.

Do you suppose it's possible that Do or Dice went out of business and someone else bought the domain name to scam people?

That's anyone guess, I suppose. I chalked it up to a decreasing lack of interest / enthusiasm or perhaps some ailment that would keep someone in the hospital and whomever was left behind to run the shop was simply not responsible enough. *shrug* I'm sure we've all had our experiences with people - eBay as an example - who mean to do right, but simply just doesn't have the response time the rest of us wished they had to get our purchase to us as quickly as possible. We've all experienced it to one degree or another.

On the flip side, I did end up purchasing some discounted swag that I generally thought would have been available no longer. However, like others, the lack of communication to provide the status or address questions deter me from future business and will just spend a couple more dollars elsewhere for better service.

Kalendraf

Explorer
Update - My box of miniatures finally showed up at my house yesterday. At least I got my merchandise, but this was a really bad experience. To summarize...

- Product advertised as being in-stock and would ship in 24-72 hours.
- Product ordered on June 24th
- Credit card billed same day.
- Absolutely no reponses from DO or Dice to any of my e-mails or phone calls
- Product finally shipped on July 28th (roughly 5 weeks past the order date)
- Product finally arrived on August 3rd (roughly 6 weeks past the order date)

Based on the complete lack of customer service, and the inexcuseably long delay in shipping a product that was supposedly in-stock, I will never order from them again.

If it's true that someone at the company was suffering from some kind of medical issue, I feel sorry for them, but any legitimate business should have enough staff to cover for a missing employee. At the very least, they should have had someone update their web-site or send a mass e-mail to their affected customers to let them know there would be delays. I suspect Do or Dice is going to lose a lot of customers as a result of this lack of business sense.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads