What happened to that plane that vanished in flight?

Arduin's

First Post
Based on all available data, the pilots (for unknown reason) took the plane WAY off course. After that, it was probably flown over land and either blown up or quickly and intentionally crashed.

Based on all available data, the pilots (for unknown reason) took the plane WAY off course. After that, it was probably flown over land and either blown up or quickly and intentionally crashed.

While that's a possibility, I think the reporting from Malaysia is still too garbled and inconclusive to determine if it is a high probability yet. There seems to be a great deal of uncertainty still about whether there was a radar track on the aircraft after its transponder ceased transmitting, or not.

As a military guy it makes me wonder a bit about the air defense proficiency in the region. An airborne track that ceases to squawk, especially if it changes course shortly thereafter, is highly suspicious even if it appears to be a civilian flight on a normal air route. Once it deviates, it should at a minimum set off alarm bells that cause increased vigilance and closer tracking even if no intercept action is taken -- those could be indications of a disguised smuggling flight, a hijacking, or other cause for security concern.

The almost complete lack of evidence at this point doesn't leave much except speculation.

Arduin's

First Post
As a military guy it makes me wonder a bit about the air defense proficiency in the region. An airborne track that ceases to squawk, especially if it changes course shortly thereafter, is highly suspicious even if it appears to be a civilian flight on a normal air route.

Almost no military tracks commercial flights in that way when the flight is leaving territory and heading out to sea. Just not a concern. Even today NORAD doesn't say anything about a flight heading to say the UK if it alters course on a more Southerly track out of D.C. rather than a Great Circle route.

Insurance scam? In other theories a Malaysian Shaman says Elves did it and are holding the plane in a stasis field in the air

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
yxijvrydueogdgptacq9.gif

Janx

Hero
Almost no military tracks commercial flights in that way when the flight is leaving territory and heading out to sea. Just not a concern. Even today NORAD doesn't say anything about a flight heading to say the UK if it alters course on a more Southerly track out of D.C. rather than a Great Circle route.

The USAF tracks every object in space they can find.

You're telling me they don't put a little effort into tracking airplanes?

I get that they might not pay as much attention to anything not flying over or headed to/from the US.

but I would bet their area of concern is broader than what you suggest it isn't.

Arduin's

First Post
The USAF tracks every object in space they can find.

Wrong

You're telling me they don't put a little effort into tracking airplanes?

Correct. FAA does that.

I get that they might not pay as much attention to anything not flying over or headed to/from the US.

but I would bet their area of concern is broader than what you suggest it isn't.

Nope. My brother is USAF O6 Intel. NORAD & USAF don't track flights in that detail. Only if coming towards secure airspace.

Just the way it is.

Remove ads