• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What happened to the Ultimate Dungeon Delve?

Dragonblade

Adventurer
WotC was going to put up an online Ultimate Dungeon Delve Hall of Fame, but it never materialized and now the Convention Delve Group seems to have completely disappeared from their site. No explanation or anything...

Also I didn't see any posts online anywhere about the Ultimate Delve being run at D&D Experience.

Anybody know what the deal is? Is the Ultimate Dungeon Delve gone? The Ultimate Dungeon Delve was awesome!

It was an event that really forced you to focus, play smart and play as a team. My group played in the Ultimate Delve at PAX and it was one of the BEST D&D experiences we ever had in our entire lives.

It was hard and a lot groups didn't make it, but thats why I loved it. I loved it precisely because it was very challenging and you couldn't just show up and expect to win.

Noumenon

First Post
I have this idea that Dave Noonan was the big advocate of the Delve format (see: Shattered Gates of Slaughtergarde) and him getting fired and there being no Dungeon Delve II book and this are all of a piece, a decision somewhere at WotC not to go that way.

davethegame

Explorer
I talked to Chris Tulach, head of Organized Play for WotC while at DDXP about Ultimate Delve- especially since I wanted to play it there. He said they're still working on it and planning on having it at some of the summer cons (probably Origins and GenCon again) but not necessarily some of the cons that are more geared towards new players.

I feel your pain Dragonblade- my team made it at Origins and wrote up our (somewhat long) story of our victory and really wanted to see it make it onto the site.

Remove ads