• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What happened to this site?

sabrinathecat

Explorer
Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, but what happened to this site. It's... UGLY. Worse, FUGLY.
I hate all the white glare from the screen
Is there any way to put it back?
Or at least customize our displays?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
1) It got hacked and destroyed at the beginning of December. I had to (and am still doing, and will be for months) rebuild the entire thing from scratch.

2) Thanks, love you too. I always said you were a charmer.

3) Yes, use the dropdown in the bottom left of the every page.

4) I'm moving this to Meta where it belongs.

sabrinathecat

Explorer
/expletive/ hackers
Sorry. Seen too many sites destroyed by their image/look going the way of /cringe/ facebook for design. I panicked. That was rude (even for me).
Found it. Thank you.

trancejeremy

Adventurer
Is having a white background really so odd? The vast majority of websites seem to use it, long before Facebook. I hate to say it, but the hack was kind of an upside, this is the first time ENWorld was really legible to me. I've never understood the appeal of a black background.

SkidAce

Legend
Supporter
Love the black, used it for son long that any other style feels like a different place. Don't want that...

Is having a white background really so odd? The vast majority of websites seem to use it, long before Facebook. I hate to say it, but the hack was kind of an upside, this is the first time ENWorld was really legible to me. I've never understood the appeal of a black background.
I liken it to staring at a 27" flat lightbulb and trying to read the little round General Electric stamp in the middle.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
White background causes me to have to squint the eye with a cataract, and causes a lot of eyestrain/ headache.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads