• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What have you done to my Underdark Fey thread?

Clay_More

First Post
Yeah... could be fun though for a group of adventurers....

"As you go down the sinister hallway, you suddenly hear a small, mechanical beep from the end of the hallway. You see a red, orange flash followed by a cascade of deep roars. You feel yourself being bombarded by some forms of projectiles, flying at you with high velocity"
DM takes up 50d10 and begins to roll.....

Krishnath

First Post
Party Wizard: I cast a Quickened Wall of Force to stop the projectiles.

DM: Damn! I thought I had the muchkins there...

-

Which insidently reminds me of my houserule regarding Metamagic and Sorcerers. Are you interrested in hearing about it?

Krishnath

First Post
Yes, at a price though.

See the thing is, I thought that under the current rules a sorcerer is really screwed in the metamagic department, I mean please, increasing the casting time by a full round just to cast an enlarged fireball.

So this is what I did:

If a sorcerer chooses to learn a metamagic feat, he can use it to official way, -or- (pay attention kids, this is important) he (or she) could the next time the sorcerer gained a new spell, choose to learn a spell that is metamagiced, the choosen spell has to be of a level that is equal to the new known spells level minus the metamagic cost.

So to take Quicken spell (+4 levels) as an example, a 10th sorcerer could learn a quickened first level spell instead of a 5th level spell.

Note that the metamagiced spell learnt must be one that the sorcerer allready knows, but the original is replaced by a new spell of the same level. In the above example, the sorcerer choose to learn a quickened Mage Armor instead of a 5th level spell, replacing the 1st level spell with True Strike.

Does it make sense?

Last edited:

Krishnath

First Post
The spell becomes the modified level. So it would use a 5th level slot.

The rule isn't always good, but on occassion. (Maximized Fireball? 5th level, Enlarged Cone of Cold? 6th level, Persistant Summon Monster V? 9th level...) :D

See the last one is just plain evil. Summoning an Air Elemental Pegasus to use as a mount for one day is some good... :D

Clay_More

First Post
MYYY SSSIIIIGGGG!!!!!!

grr....

Anyways, sounds like a good idea though, simple and easy. Seen some pretty complicated ideas about Sorcerers, so it seems nice.

Remove ads