• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What If Sauron Won? Check Out This Trailer For The MIDNIGHT RPG!

By Edge Studios, which currently produces the official Star Wars RPGs, this upcoming RPG is based on the 2000s-era campaign setting originally released for D&D 3E. The setting is dark, in a world where an evil god won their war of conquest and where evil dominated. Think what it would be like if Sauron had won. This iteration of the world will be powered by the D&D 5E rules, and will be...

By Edge Studios, which currently produces the official Star Wars RPGs, this upcoming RPG is based on the 2000s-era campaign setting originally released for D&D 3E. The setting is dark, in a world where an evil god won their war of conquest and where evil dominated. Think what it would be like if Sauron had won.

This iteration of the world will be powered by the D&D 5E rules, and will be appearing on May 27th.

It has been one hundred years since the Shadow fell. A century ago, the forces of darkness swept down from the North. The crushed the free cities of Humanity, drove the Elves back into the depths of the forests, and besieged the Dwarves in their mountain holds. Now the corrupted lieutenants of a dark God rule these broken kingdoms with an iron fist, while hunting down those brave few who still struggle defifiantly against the evil that consumes their world.

Ghost2020

Adventurer
Ive grown to loathe how everything is kickstarted nowadays and having to wait a year. Kobold Press should take note. I was thinking of backing their new cities book but decided I dont want to wait a year plus before I get the book.
Get Nord Games' Spectacular Settlements. System neutral for the most part, hella useful, it's out now and you can find it online for discount. Oh, and it's HUGE- 468 pages!!!

I agree, I really like Kobold Press products, but I'm not KS their stuff anymore. I'll get it when it comes out to the stores. I'm ok with waiting, as I would have to either way. Plus I can possibly get it at a discount if I even want it still.

Weiley31

Legend
I am also anticipating the stuff within Midnight 5E that I can cherry pick for my regular 5E games. I imported the Adventuring Company subsystem from Iron Kingdom: Requiem and two of my current players REALLY loved having their own individual Faction they can level up and gain bonuses from by accomplishing certain tasks that fit their classes.

I'm hoping the Heroic Paths thing in this can also provide another good cherry pick selection to pluck.

Yora

Legend
Oh, sweet!

Midnight was perhaps the most interesting of all the 3rd edition OGL works. Glad to see them take another shot. I think this has potential to make quite a splash. The production values were really quite high even back then.

R_J_K75

Legend
I recommend Nord Games' Spectacular Settlements if you don't want to wait. Really good book, if not perfect.
I have a few of their books the Inns and Shops ones. They're good, I've used them a few times to good results. I like their stuff, I gotta remember to check their website more. I may end up backing the new Kobold Press KS but Im kind of soured on 5E in general.

Yora

Legend
While the one 5th edition campaign I've run didn't endear it to me as a suitable system for my life's work homebrew setting, I think for Midnight I would be absolutely happy to take it out again.
A limited campaign of 20 to 30 games and then wrapping it up does sound really compelling.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads