• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General What (in)famous D&D adventure sites exist in your homebrew?

Raven Crowking

First Post
When I am finished writing RCFG (at least enough to start massive playtesting), I will be converting all of my old modules and Dungeon magazines to the new system, areas I've posted here, adventure(s) I've written for Dragon Roots, various boxed sets acquired over the years, etc., to appear in a great big sandbox.

In my last campaigns, I used the dungeons from Keep on the Borderlands (modified 3.5) and Forge of Fury (mostly straight 3.5).

EDIT: I intend on converting some of the 4e modules as well, if there are sufficiently interesting ones, i.e., ones that are much less linear than Barrow King was for 3.5. KotS is one I've picked up and intend on converting.

RC

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
I used Saltmarsh in my most recent campaign. Unfortunetly my players weren't there long, but they did prevent it from burning down.
Saltmarsh seems to be a real iconic adventure location that everyone has used. I might have to find a location for it on my homebrew.

Breezly

First Post
Saltmarsh seems to be a real iconic adventure location that everyone has used. I might have to find a location for it on my homebrew.

I will put my hat in for Saltmarsh as well. I am building a campaign around it and the U-Series adventures to get things rolling. I am thinking of throwing in a few of the older locations, like the Ghost Tower of Inverness, though I may have to move it from its traditional spot.

kobold

First Post
My current game is a sanbox campaign run for mostly 11 year olds.
It centers around and abandoned Wizards vale, 4 destroyed wizard towers in a valley - 0one game map.
The valley is riddled with caves below the wizard towers - Caves of Chaos.
Under which runs a unified underDark - Vault a Larin Karr
The Wilderness around the valley - Larin Karr

HRG

First Post
Most of mine are from the 2E Dungeon days. I'm not sure if anyone will be familiar with these or not.

Granite Mountain Prison, though it's been abandoned for years.

The wizard tower from (the unfortunately named) Asflag's Unintentional Emporium still stands even though the city around it has been destroyed. The PC (now NPC) wizard that claimed it lives there to this day.

Mistmoor Manor was burned down, rebuilt, and houses the Mistmoor family once again. Blaine is nearing 60 years old and nothing like the fop he once was, now a respected general and patriarch of an influential noble family.

The Dama Rosa (Lady Rose) still sails, but as a ghost ship haunted by another former PC and his crew who refused to abandon her as she sank beneath the waves.

There are others but memory escapes me atm. I'm in the process of gathering up all of my old notes and maps so I can write up a wiki but it's a slow process (and I'm laaaaaazy when it comes to writing.)

Last edited:

Doc_Klueless

Doors and Corners
Supporter
My last campaign (which was many, many years ago) used the U1 - Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh and its sequels. Deference is that I took them from a swamp/sea based adventures to desert based adventures along with some elements from the I3, I4 & I5 (Deserts of Desolation series NOT the megamodule which changed some things). Can you say glass seas with skate-blade bottom ships and purple worms (The cover of The Tomb of Martek fired my imagination so much as a new DM, I can’t even put it into proper words).

The Ghost Tower of Inverness and the… blanking on the name, the one with the space ship module and all the tech (Expedition to Barrier Peaks?)

Doc_Klueless

Doors and Corners
Supporter
The thing about Saltmarsh (for me) is that it's an interesting mystery and is easily adaptable to multiple environments (deserts, seas, forests, etc.)

Remove ads