• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What is a book imp?

Is it an animated floating book? An imp holding a book?

If I'm not mistaken, it's only "active" ability is to be able to go invisible. Can it do anything other than be not visible?

I know it gives bonuses to Arcana and History, resistance to fire and ability to speak Supernal. Good stuff.

ppaladin123

Adventurer

If I'm not mistaken, it's only "active" ability is to be able to go invisible. Can it do anything other than be not visible?

I know it gives bonuses to Arcana and History, resistance to fire and ability to speak Supernal. Good stuff.

Read the fluff text. It is a small devil that the 9 hells sends to arcane spell casters to "help" them by providing esoteric knowledge while at the same time tempting them to sell their souls.:)

MrBeens

First Post

Basically familiars can look like anything as long as they obey the basic mechanics and are tiny size.
When in active mode they can do anything the basic rules for familiars let you do - it can go no more than 20 squares, it can see and hear.
For instance you could make it go invisible, look round the corner or into a room, then come back and tell you what it saw or heard.

Remove ads