• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What is favored enemy worth?

ardentmoth

Explorer
depends on what is chosen.

Potentially? the difference between a fighter with a bow and a handful of feats, and a natural master of the bow. I would suggest to him to play a fighter with handle animal skill and focus on the bow. better armor.

Blackberry

First Post
0bsolete said:
I have a player who is playing an urban ranger and wants to replace favored enemy. What would you say its worth?

In my house rules, I allow anyone to substitute a class ability gained for a feat. In most cases, the class ability is "worth" a lot more, but sometimes it doesn't fit the character as well as a feat would.

I also allow them to take those "left-behind" class abilities later in place of newly earned class abilities. It's just like credit card debt.

0bsolete

First Post
Its an urban game the party (currently a monk, a bard, an illusionist and the urban hunter) have gone with some level of ability with stealth. Which is why the hunter went with hunter instead of fighter as he traditionally does. The lack of any stealth ability for a fighter put him in a bad spot.

Folly

First Post
Is the urban area they are in particularly homogeneous? Otherwise it seems like FE would be particularly useful in a campaign like this. You know the make up of the city, and you probably know the common enemies of the city. With that info you have a pretty good idea of good picks for FE from both a power and fluff perspective.

Hyperfist

First Post
I understand replacing favored enemy for an urban ranger. But you guys do know that you can use organizations in place of creatures?

fett527

First Post
Are there not a lot of humans/elves/dwarves/halflings/insert any other race which may habitat said urban environment? Favored enemy can be useful in any setting.

Slaved

First Post
Since the Character is already using Urban Ranger why not just trade Favored Enemy for Favored Environment and allow Urban as a selection?

0bsolete

First Post
The thing is he forgets to add in circumstantial modifiers, so for him favored enemy is pretty useless. He realizes that and wants something he actively chooses to do or that is a constant.

Remove ads