• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What *is* it about paladins that makes people nutty, anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.
the Jester said:
Wow, I think you just insulted half of the people on here.

Perhaps you should add "in my opinion" or something to your post. Or offer objective proof of an absolute right and wrong.

Wow. Just... wow.

Even assuming that I agree that there is an absolute right and wrong, I don't necessarily agree with your idea of what the rightful punishment is. A lot of people recognize that human justice systems make errors, and the death penalty leads to the death of many innocent people... but I'm not going to go there, politics and stuff. Post reported.

Why should stating an absolute truth of the real world insult anyone? And if someone doesn't happen to believe the truth, why is it an insult to point that out? I do not understand your statement.

You say post reported. ???? You are upset because I don't subscribe to the position that anyone should be allowed to commit any crime and that should be okay? You are allowed to have your opinion, but you feel I have no right to my opinion. Why the double standard?

kikai

Explorer
Crimhthan_The_Great said:
Why should stating an absolute truth of the real world insult anyone? And if someone doesn't happen to believe the truth, why is it an insult to point that out? I do not understand your statement.

You say post reported. ???? You are upset because I don't subscribe to the position that anyone should be allowed to commit any crime and that should be okay? You are allowed to have your opinion, but you feel I have no right to my opinion. Why the double standard?

Maybe "opinion" and "absolute truth" in one sentence doesn't fit. Either you state the truth of the real word (which is true by all means - and everything or everyone which/who differs is WRONG) or you have an opinion (and everyone could agree or disagree with no presumption of TRUTH).

I don't agree on the epistemology and worldview you frame here as "absolute truths". I prefer more viable ones.

Regards,
kikai

Dinkeldog

Sniper o' the Shrouds
I'm going to close this thread.

Please don't ascribe motives and beliefs to people--it's exceptionally rude.

If people want to discuss whether or not there are absolute moral truths, we're going to have to be able to do that without breaking the civility rule of the board, which I think is going to take a few days. Also, remember the next time that this comes up that we need to make sure we're not bringing up real-life political and/or religious situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads