• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What is the Answer to the Riddle?

FireLance

Legend
If not a druid, then maybe a wereboar.

Although I can't find anything in the SRD that suggests lycanthropes can breed with normal animals.

JohnSnow

Hero
I had assumed, perhaps incorrectly, that a wildshaped druid would return to human form if killed. I'm pretty sure that the description of polymorph (which was the basis for Wildshape) specifies this.

Also, there being no indication that a lycanthrope can crossbreed with a normal animal, I assumed that wasn't the answer either.

The druid turns into a normal animal for the duration of wildshape. As I understand wildshape, except mentally, the druid gains the natural abilities of the animal. I assumed, perhaps incorrectly, that that includes breeding.

It's still plenty creepy. But since we haven't been told it's accurate, perhaps it's not the answer.

JohnSnow said:
It's still plenty creepy. But since we haven't been told it's accurate, perhaps it's not the answer.

That was what was keeping me up that night (along with the After Dinner Coffee).

Combined with the Mind of Mencia episode where he highlight that guy that died in the Pacific Norhtwest via intimate realtions with a horse (True story) at a Ranch that catered to that specific purpose.

So I'm thinking "What if a Druid Wildshaped into a Bull & Humped a Cow?"

Ya know, there are point of the FAQ that they just don't want to address.

Anyway, I'm turning it into an Adventure Idea.

Basically this Druid is going around trying to create Awakened Animals via "Selective Breeding". Basically going around impregnating various Wildlife & killing all his "Children" who fail to have the Awakened Template.

He kills any that discover what he is doing.

A rich rancher hires the PCs to try to find out what became of his children (who were killed when they saw the druid shift back after an "Episode".

I still haven't decided wether the kids will be animated as some sort of undead guardians.

I'm thinking of doing a "Burn the Witch" Scene (After all, her Calf has begun to speak, that's a witch for you).

And Squirrels. Fiendish Squirrels that the Druid uses to spy on his foes.

All in all a Creepy "Wait. The Druid does WHAT with Livestock! Hold on, where's my Heavy Warhorse?"

A good Murder Mystery that the party'd take a while to figure out.

Kafkonia

First Post
You, sir, are truly disturbed. I'm not sure whether to be impressed or mildly nauseous. Probably both.

This gets a place in my swipe file.

JohnSnow

Hero
So the question is, who's more disturbed? Him for thinking it up in the first place?

Or me for being warped enough to figure it out?

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Wow, that's gross but simply great. A wonderful example of a mystery that embraces the rules instead of being frustrated by them.

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Vraille Darkfang said:
That was what was keeping me up that night (along with the After Dinner Coffee).

Combined with the Mind of Mencia episode where he highlight that guy that died in the Pacific Norhtwest via intimate realtions with a horse (True story) at a Ranch that catered to that specific purpose.

So I'm thinking "What if a Druid Wildshaped into a Bull & Humped a Cow?"

Ya know, there are point of the FAQ that they just don't want to address.

Anyway, I'm turning it into an Adventure Idea.

Basically this Druid is going around trying to create Awakened Animals via "Selective Breeding". Basically going around impregnating various Wildlife & killing all his "Children" who fail to have the Awakened Template.

He kills any that discover what he is doing.

A rich rancher hires the PCs to try to find out what became of his children (who were killed when they saw the druid shift back after an "Episode".

I still haven't decided wether the kids will be animated as some sort of undead guardians.

I'm thinking of doing a "Burn the Witch" Scene (After all, her Calf has begun to speak, that's a witch for you).

And Squirrels. Fiendish Squirrels that the Druid uses to spy on his foes.

All in all a Creepy "Wait. The Druid does WHAT with Livestock! Hold on, where's my Heavy Warhorse?"

A good Murder Mystery that the party'd take a while to figure out.
You sir are looking at a druid that now had the Blighter Prc. undead animal companions!

modred

First Post
well.

just a small note, "cannibal" means a person that eats of their own species, not a person that eats humans (though that meaning has been used, I have this Bestiary that uses the word to describe all the things in it that eat humans). If you want a word for a human eater, there's Anthro.. *goes gets book* anthropophagi. Although that same book uses cannibal to mean a person that eats humans, in the description. I suppose it's just whatever you want it to mean. *shrugs*

I have thought of this... use of shape shifting... before, when I was wondering about Half-Dragons and Half-Fiends. Dragons obviously can't... with humans, it's reptile-mammal. Which leads you to wonder why they've got wings and scales... I figured the magic in the blood or something... *shakes off*

I'm happy someone found a good use for this... perverted idea. By 'good use' I mean the riddle. Riddles are good... yes. well. At least it was an interesting idea (I kept wondering about that cannibal thing...)

hey, maybe your druid could find a dragon in disguise as a farm animal... that would be a good way to discourage such behavior in future from druids. I'm assuming the dragon would kill the druid.

Funnily enough, good and evil dragons might both teach that lesson just as well as each other (I can see the fun loving good dragons having fun with the thought of guarding humans while pretending to be their food:)).

Good Nightmares, then.

Shadowdancer

First Post
In the RPGA Bandit Kindgoms, there is a certain red dragon with a reputation for . . . "breeding" with anything. Even sheep.

There is a current BK mod in which the PCs get to fight one of the red dragon's offspring, a half-dragon sheep. Its wool makes nice scarves.

Jhaelen

First Post
Shadowdancer said:
In the RPGA Bandit Kindgoms, there is a certain red dragon with a reputation for . . . "breeding" with anything. Even sheep.
Hmm, that made me remember good old Runequest: Glorantha's Broo were able to impregnate absolutely everything, even plants or rocks. Big fun! :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads