• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What is the best FIGHTER L12 item

TylerDurden

Explorer
My fighter recently completed LFR adventure Paladin's Plague (highly recommended BTW), and he is now granted one magic item of his choosing Level 12.

Problem is I don't know what he should get. Any recommendations? He is a defender, with the following items already:
-Deathstalker Longsword +2
-Gauntlets of the Ram
-Veterans Scale Armor +2
-Elven Cloak +2
-Purple Dragon Commanders Ring
-Shield of Protection
-Bag of Holding
-Jar of Steam

I am having a hard time trying to figure out what epic Level 12 Item he needs!

blargney the second

blargney the minute's son
Without knowing more about your build, I'd suggest bumping that +2 veteran's scale up to a +3 veteran's wyvernscale. You'll net 2 points of AC, and I assume from the fact that you use a shield that AC matters to you.

Some slots are still free, so these might be of interest to you:

Feet slot:
- Battlestrider Greaves
- Dragonborn Greaves

Head slot:
- Vortex Mask

Waist slot:
- Belt of Vigor

Otherwise I'd say upgrade your armor (like blargney suggested above) or your elven cloak.

twilsemail

First Post
I'm going to toss out the Foe Stone from AV... then again I think that's the best Lv 12 Item for just about anyone.

There are loads of other fine choices I'm sure you'll hear, but that's the suggestion I'm giving. It's a valuable asset to any adventuring company, though ti won't really bump your DPR so the optimizers will probably laugh it off.

Remove ads