What is "The Forge?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Hague

First Post
SweeneyTodd said:
This is a sad thread to read.. Lotta bitter-sounding people, slapping themselves on the back, crowing about how much some other website sucks.

The Forge, on the other hand, has threads about people enjoying themselves and discussing gaming.

Yep, you guys sure showed them. ;)

Except that you've got it backwards there, hoss.

Until recently, the forge's focus was on ever more arcane and occult ideas about the backdrop of RPGs...hypothesis, I'd point out that most GMs with any skill at all simply know or have discovered, sans the ivory tower academia. There's good ideas that've come out of the Forge, but the environment is very much nose-in-the-air snobbery towards 'mere' gamers. Cruise out there and mention d20 sometime, watch the reaction.

Henry

Autoexreginated
It was a fascinating thread a few pages in, and unfortunately went nowhere but negative very fast. I don't feel like, after reading this last page, that it's going anywhwere productive, but keeps revisiting the same circular discussions that wax and wane with harsh feelings. All I've seen are "they're full of it," "they're being snobbish", "no, you're being snobbish," etc. Plus, I don't feel like watching a thread develop into some kind of forum-war, which I've seen happen in the past.

I feel like this discussion needs to go to rest for a while; if someone can convince me with actual quotes why this thread would still be productive to enhancing any understanding of the Forge's principles, rather than being another post to slam them, I'm willing to listen, but not necessarily change my opinion.

Thread Closed.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads